ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immediate help on ATAS issues

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taneja.deepyanti
Newly Registered

immediate help on ATAS issues

Post by taneja.deepyanti » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello everyone!!!

I am in a state of complete mess.
I had applied for an ATAS clearance certificate on 8 aug'09. got a confirmation mail, the same day.
got a mail from atas on 10 aug asking me about the optional modules. i replied right then and there. got no acknowledgement. resent the optional modules on 12 aug. no acknowledgements again.
resent again on 8 sept. they acknowledge it this time saying "thanku for the info we asked for. your application has been amended and wud be processed in due course"
Now m waiting for the certificate. my course starts on 28 sept. please anybody with any suggestions as to whom to contact??
I called up the univ as well but to no avail!
Thanks

Deepyanti

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 am

ATAS system is bit slow and the only point of contact is by mail. you have to wait. there is nothin else you can do.

taneja.deepyanti
Newly Registered

Post by taneja.deepyanti » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 am

Hi icebreaker,

thanks for the reply. But, I hope you understand, how long can one wait for?
What would you suggest me to do, in case I dont get it by 20 september because I have to be at the univ on 23 sept.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:38 am

waiting killsss ... well IF you get ATAS by 20 sept you can still apply for visa before 23sept but after 23sept you have to apply with fresh visa letter.

meantime ask your uni to ammend the visa letter and show the latest date for arrival. I am due to apply for student visa tomorrow and MY letter says start date 21st sept and latest date for arrival 12th october. so incase my application takes time i still have max 12th october to start uni.

taneja.deepyanti
Newly Registered

Post by taneja.deepyanti » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks everybody for helping me out.
I got my ATAS certificate on 23 sept.

-Deepyanti