ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

larita
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by larita » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi there, I am new to this board.I hope I will find the answeres here.
I am living and settled in the Uk for 7 years.I got married about 2years ago to a South American.he was granted a 5year spouse visa- temporary residence card by the home office.
I had a baby and I could not return to work after my m.leave.
I started to claim housing benefit.
My husband has lost his job and we were advised to apply for JSA for him.
He did and he was accepted, I was suprised, but they have seen all his documents and they know all the details about us so I was happy that he got it.But now after looking at the ILR application form, I am a bit worried.
I am sure we find him a job soon, but what if he wont get ILR just for the JSA?It would be horrible.
At the moment we also receive tax credit-child benefit- housing benefit and the jsa (it is not income based)
And what happens if ILR will not be granted?Is there any other type of visa to apply for?thanks

Pisces

Re: ILR

Post by Pisces » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:27 pm

larita wrote:Hi there, I am new to this board.I hope I will find the answeres here.
I am living and settled in the Uk for 7 years.I got married about 2years ago to a South American.he was granted a 5year spouse visa- temporary residence card by the home office.
I had a baby and I could not return to work after my m.leave.
I started to claim housing benefit.
My husband has lost his job and we were advised to apply for JSA for him.
He did and he was accepted, I was suprised, but they have seen all his documents and they know all the details about us so I was happy that he got it.But now after looking at the ILR application form, I am a bit worried.
I am sure we find him a job soon, but what if he wont get ILR just for the JSA?It would be horrible.
At the moment we also receive tax credit-child benefit- housing benefit and the jsa (it is not income based)
And what happens if ILR will not be granted?Is there any other type of visa to apply for?thanks
He can always apply for dependent visa (I am supposing you already on ILR after 7 years), as you already mentioned his ILR application after receiving public fund would not be successfully processed. Other thing I would suggest to have a chat with HO (you don't need to reveal your identity if you don't want) or talk to your lawyer about this ASAP.