ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im going to apply for a visa in 2 days Need Answer.!.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icecool
- thin ice -

Im going to apply for a visa in 2 days Need Answer.!.

Post by icecool » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:28 pm

college have reduced the duration of my course for some reason..

Hey im filling out a new application after withdrawing my application for a tier 4 visa because the college date has passed away now im re-applying with a new intake date on a new visa letter...

The visa letter contains everything there is a little doubt tho...

the start and end date of the course is 14th october 2009 and end date is 11th june 2010.

The duration of the course is written as one year but if we count the months on our fingers its 8 months...

So on question 6.1 where it ask you to state the length of the course in calender months should i write 12 months or should i write 8 months??

im kinda confused about it??I mean the duration of the course is one year means it is 12 months but if i count the time on my fingers its only 8 months....

SO what should i write?Shoul i leave it Blank because the ECO is going to give visa according to his discretion only....

I emailed the college and they told me that i should write 12 months Because the ECO dont give visa accoring to that question and the visa is granted at their own discretion...

So should i write 12 months?

College have declined my request to change the course duration...

Is this true that ECO will grant me a visa to his/her discretion rather than looking at question 6.1..

Also want to know can a difference of few months in the question 6.1 can reject your visa application??

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Im going to apply for a visa in 2 days Need Answer.!.

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 pm

icecool wrote:college have reduced the duration of my course for some reason..

Hey im filling out a new application after withdrawing my application for a tier 4 visa because the college date has passed away now im re-applying with a new intake date on a new visa letter...

the start and end date of the course is 14th october 2009 and end date is 11th june 2010.

The duration of the course is written as one year but if we count the months on our fingers its 8 months...

So on question 6.1 where it ask you to state the length of the course in calender months should i write 12 months or should i write 8 months??

im kinda confused about it??I mean the duration of the course is one year means it is 12 months but if i count the time on my fingers its only 8 months....

SO what should i write?Shoul i leave it Blank because the ECO is going to give visa according to his discretion only....

I emailed the college and they told me that i should write 12 months Because the ECO dont give visa accoring to that question and the visa is granted at their own discretion...

Is this true that ECO will grant me a visa to his/her discretion rather than looking at question 6.1..

Also want to know can a difference of few months in the question 6.1 can reject your visa application??
Hi

I have already answer to your this question on other forum as well .

Home office would round part of month to complete month like 14th August would be considered one complete month.

Any you should follow visa letter and ECO would also calculate your visa period.

This should not be a problem.

Answer is 12 months.

UK IM M

icecool
- thin ice -

Re: Im going to apply for a visa in 2 days Need Answer.!.

Post by icecool » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
icecool wrote:college have reduced the duration of my course for some reason..

Hi

I have already answer to your this question on other forum as well .

Home office would round part of month to complete month like 14th August would be considered one complete month.

Any you should follow visa letter and ECO would also calculate your visa period.

This should not be a problem.

Answer is 12 months.

UK IM M

DEAR immigration uk i can understand that they can round it up but still it will be 10 months...AS i said that my course duration is not 10 months anymore its 8 months..

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:50 am

Be careful of being refused due to deception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

icecool
- thin ice -

Post by icecool » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:29 am

vinny wrote:Be careful of being refused due to deception.
than ill write 12.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 pm

icecool wrote:
vinny wrote:Be careful of being refused due to deception.
than ill write 12.
Hi

Go with your visa letter.

Eco would do his calculation as well.

So let Eco to decide.

UK_Banned_Member