ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ci07jjs

10 year ILR

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can clarify on the documents that I need for my 10 year long residence application.

I have the following prepared:

a. Application form
b. Passport (both old and current)
c. Three months bank statements
d. Life in the UK certificate
e. My old passport that I used to enter the UK is damaged and has water mark over it. However the visa that I used to enter the UK is still legible. I am taking my UG transcripts from the Unversity for which this visa was given.
d. Cash

Please let me know if the above is sufficient.

Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Please see Guidance on Long Term Resident Application..

Emphasis should be put on providing evidence which shows 10 years of Lawful continuous resident without a break, and also strength of link with the UK. A few employment records or activity which shows you are integrated in the UK might also be useful.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Obie wrote:Please see Guidance on Long Term Resident Application..

Emphasis should be put on providing evidence which shows 10 years of Lawful continuous resident without a break, and also strength of link with the UK. A few employment records or activity which shows you are integrated in the UK might also be useful.
Great thanks - I have already read that document.

In terms of documents I was wondering if the visa stamps on my passport enough to prove my continuous residence in the UK? - I have continous visa renewals in-country throughout the 10 years.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:09 am

Any suggestions please?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 pm

just make a spreadsheet of all in and out of the country and extension dates, just to help them. I did it.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:44 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:just make a spreadsheet of all in and out of the country and extension dates, just to help them. I did it.
Thanks Raj