ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Senior Position and Tier 1 general

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sujyo

Senior Position and Tier 1 general

Post by sujyo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:05 pm

I have total 12 years experinece as a Program Manager and currently on work permit. Is it ok for me to apply for Tier 1 general -highly skilled worker or will i be considered more senior.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:20 pm

While the Tier 1 and HSMP before then are aimed more at attracting younger persons (i.e. below 28 years, as this attracts highest points for age); as long as you can satisfy the points requirements - minimum 75 points plus English language and maintenance funds, the Home Office does not look at how senior or junior you are.

I had applied for HSMP in 2007 after working for just one year after graduation because I was able to meet the points requirements.

If you can meet the required points by any combination allowed, there is no problem whatsoever.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Believe me it doesn't matter wat u r or how senior.. only required points n docs matters.. (btw. when I applied I had more n 12yrs exp..)
goodluck

nksg

Re: Senior Position and Tier 1 general

Post by nksg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:04 pm

T1 is not dependent on your seniority.

You have to earn points in certain areas.. i.e income/education/age etc..

just refer to the UKBA points calculator to check your eligibility.
sujyo wrote:I have total 12 years experinece as a Program Manager and currently on work permit. Is it ok for me to apply for Tier 1 general -highly skilled worker or will i be considered more senior.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:While the Tier 1 and HSMP before then are aimed more at attracting younger persons (i.e. below 28 years, as this attracts highest points for age);
T1 is designed to attract skilled persons(not young persons). Higher points for younger person is to compensate earnings points, he/she may loose because of being relatively new in job market.

tomkin

Re: Senior Position and Tier 1 general

Post by tomkin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:11 pm

sujyo wrote:I have total 12 years experinece as a Program Manager and currently on work permit. Is it ok for me to apply for Tier 1 general -highly skilled worker or will i be considered more senior.
Do you expect UKBA to launch Tier - 0 visa for people in your bracket :)

Its already covering creme de la creme (doesn't look like though) of skilled workers in Tier -1