ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PDB Dependant Form: Q B5 - Name change due to marriage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmm

PDB Dependant Form: Q B5 - Name change due to marriage

Post by nmm » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

I already asked this question on the forum and seniors advised me to use Marriage certificate for proof of name change. But i am still confused about this question as if you study the help of this question on page 45, it states that:
If the dependant has previously been known by any other name(s) they should provide full details of each name, the date of each change and submit the relevant supporting legal documentation.

Evidence of name change(s) should show the dependant’s full name before and after the change and may include:
•deed poll documents; and
•both the old passport and the new passport.

Should the dependant submit documentation in support of their application that refers to them under name(s) not given in this section, that documentation will not be considered by the Assessing Officer.
As you see in the bold text that marriage certificate don't contain the full name before and after the change. It only contains the old name. Further to this, is this question really refer to name change due to marriage?? or it relates to full name change when you announce in the newspaper?

Please advice.

Thanks

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:45 pm

marraige certificate is enough