ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early extension related question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harry7476

Early extension related question

Post by harry7476 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:53 am

Hi Guys,

I have extension due in Feb 10 but i am applying in two weeks as i might have travel plans around that time.

- Do you think this would be a problem
- I will be 31 if i apply next year and 30 if i apply earlier. Will this show that i am trying to gain more points

Thanks

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Early extension related question

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:30 am

harry7476 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have extension due in Feb 10 but i am applying in two weeks as i might have travel plans around that time.

- I will be 31 if i apply next year and 30 if i apply earlier. Will this show that i am trying to gain more points

Thanks
You are allowed to apply at any time before the expiry of your current leave. There is no issue whether you apply the day before your leave expires or you apply 5 months in advance.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Early extension related question

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 am

harry7476 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks
Harry,

Go ahead with your application. The only issue that may happen is that your visa is extended for 3 years from date of stamping instead of 3 years from date of expiry of current leave.

However, the trend observed in recent times is that UKBA is extending visas for 3 years from date of expiry of current leave.
Regards,
crowbar6

mitravi2005
Newly Registered

Post by mitravi2005 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Apply for your extension now... No problem if you apply asap...