ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship and sponsoring someone to stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tribalboy

citizenship and sponsoring someone to stay

Post by tribalboy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:56 am

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it is okay to give a letter to a friend stating that he is okay to stay in one's home (2 bedroom house) with his wife when he comes to the UK until he can find a place to rent so that he can apply for a dependent visa for his wife. The friend is going to apply for a dependent visa for his wife and is holding a HSMP visa which needs to be renewed in 3 months time. Will giving such a letter effect ones's citizenship application in any way if the citizenship application is already submitted by the person owning the house and he had stated that the house belongs to him in the cover letter for the citizenship application

tribalboy

Post by tribalboy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm

can someone please answer this for me, I would appreciate any help

thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

There is no problem in you writing a sponsoring letter for your friend.

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am

as long as you ensure that all your friends information is correct and he is not attempting to hoodwink the immigration or if he receives a refusal that he properly appeals rather than just overstay, then there should not be a problem with you providing a letter of support to him. Just be careful.