ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwater267

ILR - Questions

Post by coolwater267 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi,

I have few questions regarding ILR. I on HSMP visa and thankfully comes under JR. I am going to apply for ILR at the end of this year. I learnt that I dont have to take English or Life in UK test. My questions are

1. Do my wife has to take the tests.
2. What documents do I need to send with the application.
3. Do all the documents has both our names on them. i.e Bank statements, bills. We dont have any shared account. Do I need one.

Please if someone can help me that will be great.

Thanks alot guys.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:31 am

Both you and your wife are exempted from Life in the UK Test if you are aplying under the HSMP judicial review category.

Please see Number 9A and 9J for document you are required in support of your application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

coolwater267

ILR - Do I need all the documents with mine and wife's name.

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:30 am

I am on HSMP visa and I will be applying for ILR in dec. Please can anyone tell me what documents do I need. Do all the documents must have mine and my wife's name on them.

Help will be great.

Cheers

katiepig
Newly Registered

possible help

Post by katiepig » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

My husband applied for ILR as the husband of a settled spouse recently in an interview so this may or may not help you with your type of application.

use the guidlines to help that are given on the HM website and application form, and search this site,but also take extra evidence in your name and your wifes. Anything extra you can take such as an employers letter to your address (yours and your wifes),tv license, hospital appointment letters ect.
I know we took lots in our joint name but they wanted more from the settled spouse and more then just financial documents.
Put a well organised file together with extras in and spread the dates of the evidence over the 24 months you need to show evidence for.
Get joint names of bills as soon as possible, you need these.
Hope this helps.