ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ENQUIRY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KEYSHOLD
Newly Registered

ILR ENQUIRY

Post by KEYSHOLD » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all let me just begin by saying, what an insight l have aquired just by reading the different exchange of thoughts and insights on immgration issues, especially as it relates to HSMP and ILR. I wished l knew about this site about a week earlier, as we just made our application by post about a week ago. l have a few questions about the application me and my wife just made.
We came into the UK on HSMP visa about 4 years ago, and as we have it, we are covered by the judecial review to apply for ILR after 4 years, which we have just done about a week ago. The application was done using my wife's history in the UK as the main applicant since she was the one hsmp was originally granted to. Our concern now is that even though she is a chartered accountant she has been contracting since being in the UK and even her current role is a temp posiotion with no specific end date and the contract and pay slips for this current role are part of the documents we submitted on this application and it is clearlly written a temp positon, but now l am hearing from your site that it has to be a permanent position to carry the strenght required to pass. Secondly since being in the UK we have travelled a few places totalling 97 days of absence from the UK, which amounts to a break down of - 27 days travel at a go, another 7 days travel, 20 days travel, 14 days travel, 18 days travel, and another 9 days travel.
Do we have any chance at all. We also submitted an avidence of mortgage in her name since 2007. We realy do need your thoughts. Many thanks. Keyshold :? :?

nksg

Re: ILR ENQUIRY

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi,

Looking at your concerns i dont think ILR should be an issue. Many of my friends who are contractors got ILR successfully. So as long as you and your family has been working and not taking any public funds (like child benefits) you should be fine.

On the absences the policy is 90 days continuous or 180 days in total 5 years.. so you should be fine on that as well..

All the best!
KEYSHOLD wrote:Hi Everyone,

First of all let me just begin by saying, what an insight l have aquired just by reading the different exchange of thoughts and insights on immgration issues, especially as it relates to HSMP and ILR. I wished l knew about this site about a week earlier, as we just made our application by post about a week ago. l have a few questions about the application me and my wife just made.
We came into the UK on HSMP visa about 4 years ago, and as we have it, we are covered by the judecial review to apply for ILR after 4 years, which we have just done about a week ago. The application was done using my wife's history in the UK as the main applicant since she was the one hsmp was originally granted to. Our concern now is that even though she is a chartered accountant she has been contracting since being in the UK and even her current role is a temp posiotion with no specific end date and the contract and pay slips for this current role are part of the documents we submitted on this application and it is clearlly written a temp positon, but now l am hearing from your site that it has to be a permanent position to carry the strenght required to pass. Secondly since being in the UK we have travelled a few places totalling 97 days of absence from the UK, which amounts to a break down of - 27 days travel at a go, another 7 days travel, 20 days travel, 14 days travel, 18 days travel, and another 9 days travel.
Do we have any chance at all. We also submitted an avidence of mortgage in her name since 2007. We realy do need your thoughts. Many thanks. Keyshold :? :?

KEYSHOLD
Newly Registered

ILR Enquiry

Post by KEYSHOLD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi Nksg,

Many thanks for your insight.