ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extension of visa urgent attention needed please guide me..

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

av_gayatri
Newly Registered

extension of visa urgent attention needed please guide me..

Post by av_gayatri » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 am

My students visa is expiring on 30th Nov 2009 and as I have failed in my finance papaer my re-sit examination for finance is on 13th october 2009. My results are expected 6 weeks after my exam and in the mean time i am running short of my visa. I asked my college about this issue , but they said that they would request that the results should be out by 25th nov 09.
Am I eligible for the extension of student visa? and if yes, what period extension can I get? Also that, What amount of money do I need to show in my bank account for what period of time ? , as I have completed my course in oxford. For how much time can the home office give me extension .
If I pass the examination then its fine , but if I fail then the next resit will be in the month of dec- jan .
I am a bit confused because if they give me extension for results awaiting then that extension will be only for a period of one month, then I have to pay £400 as an extension fee, which is a huge amount for a months time .
Please suggest me for that...
thanks.

koru cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by koru cowboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

I think your best option is to apply for extension on the basis of starting a new course and if asked for, indicate on the application that you are waiting for exam results of your previous course.That is the only way of getting a reasonable extension.