ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Course Start Date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Course Start Date

Post by houman1979 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi,

My friend is going to apply for Tier 4 on 26th Sep and start date of his course is 1st Oct. But his course is PhD and he can start his course later. Then, is it possible that UKBA rejects his visa beacuse of course start date. It is very very likely that he will get his visa after course start date.

francike
Newly Registered

Submitted visa app after course start date

Post by francike » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:02 am

Hi,
I'm applying for my UK visa in Canada. I submitted my visa application today (16 Sept 2009) and my course start date was 14 September 2009 and ends on 13 September 2010. I'm beginning to feel that it was a huge risk to assume that the Entry Clearance Officer would pass my visa and allow clearance from the date of approval to 13 September 2010.

Does the Entry Clearance Officer of the British High Commission ever successfully clear visa applications that were submitted after the course start date? What should I do?

Thanks

francike
Newly Registered

Re: Submitted visa app after course start date

Post by francike » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 pm

I actually talked to a representative from Worldbridge and the Brittish High Commission. They said submitting a visa application after my course start date should be fine.