ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw please suggest urgently

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

av_gayatri
Newly Registered

psw please suggest urgently

Post by av_gayatri » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 am

I want to apply for PSW and I have got £800 in my account from 10th September 2009. My student visa is expiring on 30th november 2009.
From when should I show the amount in my bank account and if I apply from India what amount do I need to show in my bank account. Within what time period do I need to apply if I apply from India?

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 pm

You need to show maintenance funds of 800 pounds for a minimum of 3 months period. So, if your last bank statement is upto 20th Nov then the period of 3 months would be counted from 21st August. In no case should your balance drop below 800 pounds during this period. However, if you do have a shortfall then you can show another bank account (either in UK or overseas). The cumulative amount should either be 800 pounds or exceed it. All the bank statements you submit should have your name printed on it.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:15 pm

ab041937 wrote:You need to show maintenance funds of 800 pounds for a minimum of 3 months period. So, if your last bank statement is upto 20th Nov then the period of 3 months would be counted from 21st August. In no case should your balance drop below 800 pounds during this period. However, if you do have a shortfall then you can show another bank account (either in UK or overseas). The cumulative amount should either be 800 pounds or exceed it. All the bank statements you submit should have your name printed on it.
To add to that....in india you will have to show £2800 and if you dont have funds in UK for 3 months, you can show overseas account, but remember to send both statements with your application and recheck the total for each day in this 3 months period! HO is very strict with maintenance funds these days.
None of your documents should be more than 1 month old.

Good Luck.