ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport Entry Questions - for spouse visa after holiday

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agkh
Newly Registered

Airport Entry Questions - for spouse visa after holiday

Post by agkh » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:58 am

Hi everyone.

It been just over one year since my wife first came to the UK :) (sept 2008)

So we thought it's time to take a small holiday

She will be leaving before me to Egypt and will stay for about a month.

I will be leaving 2 weeks later and we will be both coming back together.

So my questions:
Are there any obstacle upon returning back to the UK?
What question or documents or evidence can they ask?
Any medical certificate or anything?

(I'm a little worried as I am temporarily living with my parents - a little overcrowded - but it is temp and I read that the ILR should not be refused based on this temp situation alone - I will be getting my own place before December)

She will be leaving on Wednesday so I guess it's a little late to do anything about it! But at least it will give me a peace of mind if there are no obstacle otherwise I can prepare myself mentally/physically if there something that needs to be done.... (Applying for the spouse visa over a year ago was tough and stressful!! I don't want to run into another eposide of anything like that!!)

Thanks again :)

joshiankit07
Newly Registered

Post by joshiankit07 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm

hi if i'm not mistaken than ur wife's on spouse visa n ur british citizen, and if that is the case...than u don't have to worry about any questions to answer other than
1. y u visiting when will u leave sort of general questions...
but i would suggest u to take the letter from ur employer stating ur present situation....
well that's wat i did when i left the country....
I hope this might have eased ur worries...

agkh
Newly Registered

Post by agkh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm

That's correct I'm British she's on spouse visa....

Unfortunately at this time I don't have a job either, but I am being optimistic and hope to get a job within a month!

That's why I planned in coming back together even though I could not afford to go as long as I wanted to - due to looking for a job.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I doubt very much you will have any problems at all if you are travelling together.