ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form NTL - putting ILR sticker into new passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Fri May 14, 2004 5:49 pm

bhavna wrote:

Quote:
Hi,

What i mean is

talking about a passport which is valid but has run out of pages - issuing authorities issue a new booklet with standard passport features having same validity as original one but with a different passport number. Original passport is not cancelled. Indian embassy does that.
IMHO these are two separate documents notwithstanding the second one presumably covering the remaining validity of the first one.

So kayalami do you mean that transfer is required even in this case ie. this case is no different from the case of expired passport.
[/quote]

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 14, 2004 6:13 pm

Yes a request to put a stamp in the new booklet/ passport would require you to fill form NTL and pay the proscribed fee.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri May 14, 2004 7:21 pm

Kayalami wrote: free transfers are history. Fork out GBP 250/155 for a transfer/new ppt or carry around two passports is the recuring theme here!!
Maybe a new FAQ is due? :roll:

tt

Post by tt » Fri May 14, 2004 9:29 pm

I think so! this is a very annoying point!! :evil:

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon May 17, 2004 8:59 pm

tt
Thanks for the update. I see that my information is outdated and the increasing fees are here to stay.
Joseph