ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cover letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

cover letter

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi,
It may sound stupid, but is it required to submit cover letter along with the main and dependent applications?
I saw an active thread about sumbission of printout of PBS calculator results, which was discussed as not mandatory but was suggested useful.
What about cover letter?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:52 pm

You are right there was mention on this thread that Summary sheets and cover letters are not required.. because your application and docs attach will speak for themselves if they are 'straight forward'..

But, few applicants might have some issues in their applications which are not straight forward as per HO requirement but still correct so in this case those applicants use the cover letter as a media/way to talk to the caseworker to explain their situation or case.. (remember you can not even get status on ur application till 6th week ) so if you use a cover letter to explain or clarify things.. then u will be more relaxed and dont loose any sleep over those issues..

hope this helps..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks, yes, as PUSH always says, "True - better to be safe than sorry."
tvn_ramesh wrote:You are right there was mention on this thread that Summary sheets and cover letters are not required.. because your application and docs attach will speak for themselves if they are 'straight forward'..

But, few applicants might have some issues in their applications which are not straight forward as per HO requirement but still correct so in this case those applicants use the cover letter as a media/way to talk to the caseworker to explain their situation or case.. (remember you can not even get status on ur application till 6th week ) so if you use a cover letter to explain or clarify things.. then u will be more relaxed and dont loose any sleep over those issues..

hope this helps..

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Did u receive the cover letter i had posted

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Yes, I got it. Thank you so much for a very nicely written letter.
Regards,
sujyo wrote:Did u receive the cover letter i had posted

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:53 pm

sujyo wrote:Did u receive the cover letter i had posted
can you please share with us? It might be useful for others too