ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 pm

george21, congrats!

splitz
Newly Registered

Post by splitz » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 am

Yes I sent in my first complaint letter a week ago, but as everyone guest it no reply, I will try again sometiime during the week,thanks for all the help guys, :lol:

Pooh
Newly Registered

Post by Pooh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 am

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm in a beginning period doing some research. However, there are still some parts that I'm not really sure. Would be appreciated if anyone's kindly help!

My boyfriend and I are currently living in UK . I am holding a PSW VISA (Post-study Work Visa) at this moment. We are planning to get married in Denmark soon(my boyfriend is a Danish). So, the questions are,

1. Do I have to apply for a Family Permit immediately after we got married in Denmark or I can come back to UK with my PSW VISA and apply for EEA2 later on in UK?
2. My boyfriend is currently working in UK. Is it compulsory that he has to apply for an EEA1?

Thanks! :)

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 pm

splitz wrote:Yes I sent in my first complaint letter a week ago, but as everyone guest it no reply, I will try again sometiime during the week,thanks for all the help guys, :lol:
Keep sending them on regular bases, and even better old fashioned way- by post to UKBA LIVERPOOL, oR for sure shot send few to NWCSU and Croydon... This way they will log your complaint faster and put it in your file! However it's much more effective to complain to other substances such as MP or Solvit. You can find all addresses and related info with Google.
Pooh, I think you'll probably get suppouse visa after marrying your partner, and apply for EEA2 when you're back in UK.

mourad

success at last

Post by mourad » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:32 pm

8 months 2 weeks 3 days and a few houres and at last i got my wife`s residence documents and my passport with the precious 5 years sticker.
good luck to you all.
cheerio

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Very good news, well done mate. worth the waiting ;)
Mabrouk, Ramadan Kareem.

mourad

Post by mourad » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

thanks a lot my friend and a very happy ramadhan to you and to everybody

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 pm

YEY! another success! Conratulations Mourad!
Every one just keep on getting their RCs and soon there will be no one in this thread except me... I think it's almost like this already ...
Feeling VERY pessimistic now... 2 days later will be 13 months of waitng. :cry:

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:11 am

sharimina don`t dispair i`ll be here to hear your pain and your very near succes.
i promis i was calling them like 3 times a week and i send a loads of letters and faxes they just got fed up with me and i know that .
thank you for your kind words and i can feel your pain i`m sure it wont take long for you too.

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 pm

:roll: Thanks Mourad for your encouragement!
oooommmmpppphhhhh.... we also call them quiet a lot and have sent numerous amount of letters and e-mails... Last Monday we finally achieved for my husband case to be taken by caseworker (yeppy!) .I've been on phone like for 20 min. insisting to talk to manager and explaining situation, as we desperate to by our own house, so manager actually called back in 2 hours time! and said it had een passed to caseworker...
P.S. talking to them is so HARD! they are like bulletproof iron- no symphaty or feelings...
So the wait continues...
on top of it my MP is completely useless!

aussiegirl

finally!

Post by aussiegirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Congratulations Mourad - great to know that you have finally got the residence card after such a long wait!

Sharmarina - if you have had a caseworker call you back, that is good news indeed! I hope things move swiftly for you from now on. Best of luck!

mourad

Post by mourad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm

sharmarina wrote::roll: Thanks Mourad for your encouragement!
oooommmmpppphhhhh.... we also call them quiet a lot and have sent numerous amount of letters and e-mails... Last Monday we finally achieved for my husband case to be taken by caseworker (yeppy!) .I've been on phone like for 20 min. insisting to talk to manager and explaining situation, as we desperate to by our own house, so manager actually called back in 2 hours time! and said it had een passed to caseworker...
P.S. talking to them is so HARD! they are like bulletproof iron- no symphaty or feelings...
So the wait continues...
on top of it my MP is completely useless!
they were very unsympathetic and they seem very detached from realityone of the them has actually told me "it would very nice of you to bear with us a little more" .what else could i do silly ?
sharimina i think it`s looking good if a case worker at last has got it infront of him at last i`m crossing my fingers and toes for you.

aussigirl thanks a lot ,kind as always you are ,i just felt the day you posted your success story that i wouldn`t be waiting for long.
thank you.

kuka

Re: success at last

Post by kuka » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 am

mourad wrote:8 months 2 weeks 3 days and a few houres and at last i got my wife`s residence documents and my passport with the precious 5 years sticker.
good luck to you all.
cheerio
mourad, congrats! could you tell us ur story?

smerch87
Newly Registered

Post by smerch87 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:46 am

Guys i am first time in this forum .I will tell u one story .
1.19 2009 august we me and my wife from france applyed for eea1 and eea 2

2. 26 of august we recived COA

3.11 of september i get my resident card
I was shoked .

good luck to every one

mourad

Post by mourad » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:24 am

thank you kuka.
it all started in july , last year, i applied for Certificat of approval , it was still at the time when you had to pay for it ,we received it on the 10th of september and we got married in december and i made the EEA1
EEA2 applications after a brief time.
for the record my other half is from poland and i`m algerian.
we got our certificat of Application on the 24th of january 09 but dated
for the 09/01/09.then the long wait started it wasn`t hard at the beginning and then after i lost my job thanks to the recession in april it started to take it`s toll, i felt it would have been easier for me to cross the algerian desert than what i was going through.we planned a honey moon not realised,trips to our respective countries as a married couple you know what happened next .ah... job hunting that was just brilliant i was lucky i did get a few interviews for well paid jobs like the one i used to have however as soon as i show my certificat of application for a residence card which as you know is printed on 2 A4 pages the interviewers or the work consultant either said"whats this ?you`re having a laugh" or" oh thats unusual i don`t thing this is ok!" .it does say on it you are free to live and work in the united kingdom.
well i didn`t work for me ,i was simply told no passport no visa no trabajo.i didn`t work since i`ve spent my time visiting and getting in touche with people i`ve have lost contact with for diffrent reasons ,i was catching up on my reading ,as you might imagine a lots of it ,at my local library people thought i worked there ,my house and cooking skills are unmatched now my wife is like the french say "elle est aux anges" simply heaven.
sadely during that time my little green passport passed away and first thing i did when i passed the 6 months mile stone i sent a letter and e-mails about it,it was around the 28th of june .on the 18/07/09 we got a letter from departement 66 of the UKBA requesting a new one which i applied for at the algerian consulate,it was ready in 10 days which is a record for those who are not aquinted with the extent of the algerien bureaucraty .
the UKBA received it the following day then i started pestering them the very next week via e-mail or recorded delivery letters .
i got no reply no sorry mule letter or a mear e-mail, nada ,rien ,walou.
the end of the story is boring the 10/09/09 a year exactly after i got my certificat of approval of marriage we got our paper work back in 2 diffrent envelopes.
she got her residence document sticker on a blue cardboard foldable card that looks like a war rations book and i got the sticker on my passport.
now was it all worth it? i think the rules stat what should have happened and at which time scale the rest we can do nothing about it ,all i know is even if i`ve been with my lady of the mannor for 5 years we bonded in a very strange manner i must say we are stronger and more in an asmose i just can`t explain it but i`m sure you get the picture ,i`m a softy.
what now?
i think i`m buying a ticket home today or tomorrow ,the tickets are ranging from £350 to over £500 but i think i`m doing it .i`ll go catch the indian summer and put a tan on ,et...voila end of story.

kuka

Post by kuka » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Greate another sucessesful story!

And for the rest of us, who are still waiting, I wish that one day on our streets will be celebration!

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 am

YEAH...Mourad my husband been exactly tru similar hell with job!!! people used to laugh-what the f this paper(COA) is?employers were like- we not going to employ with THAT and not going to call and enqiure the number given-why to waste time if we can employ somebody who got every thing on hands?
So I can imagine relief of yours... And we as well just roaring to go to our abroad homes (TOGETHER!!! what we never managed to do even for our wedding we was flying separetly with week difference :lol: ) when this prison sentence is over...
I acctualy recieved a letter from UKBA on saturday 12th!!! dated 9th..(they not even bother to send 1st class mail...sad) asking for extra docs!!! which I am sending today by Rec.DElivery :P SO I HOPE IT's ALMOST OVER!!!! I swear to God-I was squiking and jumping like mad arond the house when i see the letter,at list some kind of correspondence! some movement! phew!
altought UKBA could do with some appology... :?
Kuka, have you got any news? any progress?

mourad

Post by mourad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:04 pm

sharmarina wrote:YEAH...Mourad my husband been exactly tru similar hell with job!!! people used to laugh-what the f this paper(COA) is?employers were like- we not going to employ with THAT and not going to call and enqiure the number given-why to waste time if we can employ somebody who got every thing on hands?
So I can imagine relief of yours... And we as well just roaring to go to our abroad homes (TOGETHER!!! what we never managed to do even for our wedding we was flying separetly with week difference :lol: ) when this prison sentence is over...
I acctualy recieved a letter from UKBA on saturday 12th!!! dated 9th..(they not even bother to send 1st class mail...sad) asking for extra docs!!! which I am sending today by Rec.DElivery :P SO I HOPE IT's ALMOST OVER!!!! I swear to God-I was squiking and jumping like mad arond the house when i see the letter,at list some kind of correspondence! some movement! phew!
it`s true that you feel like you are on an imposed exile .
it is a good progress for your case and i`m sure it wont take long .
as for me i`m off on friday to algeria unfortunately my wife isn`t coming one of us has to earne the bacon if i may say but at least when i`m back i could jump back in the job market and give my wife the honeymoon she didn`t get .
i`ll tell you how it went over there when i`m back.

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm

mourad wrote: it`s true that you feel like you are on an imposed exile .
it is a good progress for your case and i`m sure it wont take long .
as for me i`m off on friday to algeria unfortunately my wife isn`t coming one of us has to earne the bacon if i may say but at least when i`m back i could jump back in the job market and give my wife the honeymoon she didn`t get .
i`ll tell you how it went over there when i`m back.
Have a good one! And good luck with job search!

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:02 am

sharmarina wrote:YEAH...Mourad my husband been exactly tru similar hell with job!!! people used to laugh-what the f this paper(COA) is?employers were like- we not going to employ with THAT and not going to call and enqiure the number given-why to waste time if we can employ somebody who got every thing on hands?
Sharmarina that's great news!!!!! So hopefully it won't take long time to process ur application!

Unfortunately no news for us and no progress at all :( I am in Latvia at the moment, again alone :(((( but as soon asI will be back I gonna bomb them with complaints and phone calls, It's been a while since we have heard from them!
But really glad for you and your family!!!

splitz
Newly Registered

Post by splitz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Guys stil here and still waiting,I suppose now that royal mail is on strike the post is even slower,
I sent some letters to the HO liverpool but still nothing,
wait wait wait.....

VLong
Newly Registered

Got RC after 16 months of waiting!!!!!!!!!

Post by VLong » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to share my joy. We finally received our residence card after 16 months of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took countless complaints, phone calls, letters, involvement from SOLVIT, but here it is. No apology for the delay though!

Keep hoping, it will happen for you too!

VL

mourad

Post by mourad » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:31 pm

better late than never.
congratulations.

kuka

Re: Got RC after 16 months of waiting!!!!!!!!!

Post by kuka » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:14 am

VLong wrote:Hi everybody,

Just wanted to share my joy. We finally received our residence card after 16 months of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took countless complaints, phone calls, letters, involvement from SOLVIT, but here it is. No apology for the delay though!

Keep hoping, it will happen for you too!

VL
VLong congrats! very happy for you! and agree with mourad, better late than never! well done!

evnlondon
Newly Registered

Hi there, after 4month 3 weeks 3 days proggress time done!

Post by evnlondon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 am

hi there,I have good news too,I applied April 2009 for a EEA2,today I just called home office about my husband EEA3 to learn with out documents how can we applied,they told me: your application is done 17september.
Now Im waiting to touch my passport. I hope all applicant should have good news soon..