ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa extesion fund query/confirmation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mnyash
Newly Registered

student visa extesion fund query/confirmation

Post by mnyash » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 am

I have recently graduated and would like to extend my student visa to study at my local college for another year.i have confirmed that this is recognised institute for international students.so if i apply end of september i will need one bank statement showing 1200 maintenance and full fees in my account on the day of application?

koru cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by koru cowboy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Yes,you need maintanance for two months only if you finished your previous course within the last four months and a full years fees.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 pm

koru cowboy wrote:Yes,you need maintanance for two months only if you finished your previous course within the last four months and a full years fees.
Hi

Yes indeed £1200(2@£600 for college outside London otherwise he would need £1600) Plus One year fee.

UK_Banned_Member

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

sorry to ask another question that is off topic. If you apply for a visa and it is declined on maintenance grounds and at the time of decline the visa has already expired can you reapply afresh without having to appeal?

this is the situation. my friend applied for visa extension under PSW. her application was declined due to lack of funds but was given a chance to appeal.however she has realised that the mistake was on her part but her visa has expired.she now has all the required maintenance and since she does not need to appeal the previous decision can she jus apply afresh with new statements even when her visa is out of date.she has not overstayed past the 28days

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 pm

mnyash wrote:sorry to ask another question that is off topic. If you apply for a visa and it is declined on maintenance grounds and at the time of decline the visa has already expired can you reapply afresh without having to appeal?

this is the situation. my friend applied for visa extension under PSW. her application was declined due to lack of funds but was given a chance to appeal.however she has realised that the mistake was on her part but her visa has expired.she now has all the required maintenance and since she does not need to appeal the previous decision can she jus apply afresh with new statements even when her visa is out of date.she has not overstayed past the 28days
Hi

You can do both.First appeal and within that time you can make fresh application as well.

So I always advise both appeal+fresh application.

Sometimes if you apply within 28 days of refusal home office consider these application.

So time period is very important.Within 28 days fresh application can be considered.But Must appeal as well.

UK_Banned_Member

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

thank you for the advise

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:56 am

Hi
mnyash wrote:thank you for the advise
You are welcome.

UK_Banned_Member

asos
Newly Registered

Post by asos » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi

Just curious as to how you can appeal and also do a fresh application at the same time if you need to provide the original documents in both?

Also - where is the 28 day rule stated regarding appeal under tier 4 refusal? (i know it exists under entry clearence rules..)

thanks

prince.07

re Maintenance Fund

Post by prince.07 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Please, if someone is in second semester and applying for visa extension, whats the maintenance reqirement?

Thank you.

asos wrote:Hi

Just curious as to how you can appeal and also do a fresh application at the same time if you need to provide the original documents in both?

Also - where is the 28 day rule stated regarding appeal under tier 4 refusal? (i know it exists under entry clearence rules..)

thanks