ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Citizenship and Travel

Post by iceman010899 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:35 am

Hello,

Once your citizenship an approved and you attend the ceremony you are classed as a British citizen. So if I travel on my current passport (Foreign) am I classed as British in immigration ? Will immigration class me as a British citizen or Foreign ?

Thank you.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

If your passport is non-EEA you are still regarded as "All other passports" for queuing purposes UNLESS travelling with a spouse/partner who is an EEA national.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:48 am

If your passport is non-EEA you are still regarded as "All other passports" for queuing purposes UNLESS travelling with a spouse/partner who is an EEA national.
So when they scan my ILR they would know im a British Citizen right ?

Thanks.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 pm

iceman010899 wrote:So when they scan my ILR they would know im a British Citizen right ?

Thanks.
No.

sidster007

Travelling after naturalization

Post by sidster007 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:15 am

Hi there,

I am an Indian national and recently applied for naturalization for British Citizenship. I need to travel to Europe towards the end of November and expect to get approval for British citizenship and attend the citizenship ceremony by then. I realise that I will not have sufficient time to get my British Passport by then. My Indian passport has the required Schengen visa but will be technically invalid after I take oath for British Citizenship.

Two questions

1) Will I have a problem in coming back to the UK because I am entering on my Indian passport even though I will be a British Citizen. I read somewhere that the ILR stamp on my Indian passport becomes invalid after I become a British citizen and that to re enter you need a "right of abode" stamp in your foreign passport.

2) Soon after I return I will apply for an indian visa or OCI. Will my application be jeopardized if I have used my Indian passport (even though its not to travel to India) after acquiring BC.

Any advice or insight on this would be most appreciated !

2)