ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Birmingham PEO - 10 yrs Long Residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lboro

ILR success at Birmingham PEO - 10 yrs Long Residence

Post by lboro » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi,
I guess I promised I will post my experience after my visit at PEO.

I did make my visit to Birmigham PEO and successfull obtained the ILR under long residence category

I have to say I was not impressed with the quality of their Birmingham Office, It looks outdated with low maintainance - I wonder where all of my money go!!!

Well come back to business - the process was smooth. Started with security check then registering of my case and then waited to see the case worker. My case worker wasn't reallt friendly and was arguing for things which to my common sense I found necessary. In one instant he was arguing about 1 day I spent in Singapore on my way to Australia - so I was like wat's the matter here - all my absence for 10yrs was only under 200 days!!! Well after finished all the check he said everything is fine and asked me to pay. So this confirm that Birmingham PEO don't charge you until they are happy that your application is successful! Overall it was smooth experience I have to say and only passport and LUK was needed. I had a bag of every document they could ask for but they didn't bother! So hope this will encourage all who are waiting to make their visit to PEO for simila case and boost your confidence...All the best as I know some of you are going there next month

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Excellent news Iboro and many congratulations.

Well done
Magsi

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Ibro,
So you didn't seek SAR before filing for ILR?
Thanks
S

lboro

Post by lboro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

saurya_s wrote:Ibro,
So you didn't seek SAR before filing for ILR?
Thanks
S
I did ask for my SAR file. I would recommend to ask for it as it contains caseworkers note, which you won't know them unless you get your SAR file. and another thing is that it boost your confidence as you will see the case worker notes and hopefully will be good written notes about you!

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 am

How long did it take to get you a SAR?
Thanks
S

sala056988
Newly Registered

Post by sala056988 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 am

saurya_s wrote:How long did it take to get you a SAR?
Thanks
S
I'm still waiting for mine :( I posted my letter and cheque on 10th august... The cheque went through two weeks ago as well.....

But generally it takes around 30 days.

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

I sent mine in mid July but still waiting for it.
Thanks

lboro

Post by lboro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 pm

saurya_s wrote:I sent mine in mid July but still waiting for it.
Thanks
Did you use a correct address and wote the cheque correctly?
By law they should get back to you within 40 days, I got mine on the exactly 40th day from the day they received it. I used recorded royal mail service so I knew exactle when they recieved my letter. So 40 days back from today is 9th of August. Hence you should get you SAR by now if posted by the start of August or earlier!

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm

yes, just checked, money went out from my account on 24th July. So I should have it by now. So I should send them a fax or letter?
Thanks
S

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Indeed nice PEO, normally there on Fridays.

On average if there were no gaps, problems etc they grant ILR on the basis of 10 years in about 2 hours.

Some hard cases, when I feel it, I advise to obtain a copy of a file under FOI/SAR.

To obtain a FOI/SAR costs £10 and takes about 2 months.

What else ?

Ask, try to answer :-)

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:Indeed nice PEO, normally there on Fridays.

On average if there were no gaps, problems etc they grant ILR on the basis of 10 years in about 2 hours.

Some hard cases, when I feel it, I advise to obtain a copy of a file under FOI/SAR.

To obtain a FOI/SAR costs £10 and takes about 2 months.

What else ?

Ask, try to answer :-)
Sir if you don't mind, would you plz tell me what's this FOI and SAR stands for??

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success at Birmingham PEO - 10 yrs Long Residence

Post by tuliprose » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 am

lboro wrote:Hi,
I guess I promised I will post my experience after my visit at PEO.

I did make my visit to Birmigham PEO and successfull obtained the ILR under long residence category

I have to say I was not impressed with the quality of their Birmingham Office, It looks outdated with low maintainance - I wonder where all of my money go!!!

Well come back to business - the process was smooth. Started with security check then registering of my case and then waited to see the case worker. My case worker wasn't reallt friendly and was arguing for things which to my common sense I found necessary. In one instant he was arguing about 1 day I spent in Singapore on my way to Australia - so I was like wat's the matter here - all my absence for 10yrs was only under 200 days!!! Well after finished all the check he said everything is fine and asked me to pay. So this confirm that Birmingham PEO don't charge you until they are happy that your application is successful! Overall it was smooth experience I have to say and only passport and LUK was needed. I had a bag of every document they could ask for but they didn't bother! So hope this will encourage all who are waiting to make their visit to PEO for simila case and boost your confidence...All the best as I know some of you are going there next month
So we do not need any degree certificates (in case of living here 10 years on student visa) and bank statements?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success at Birmingham PEO - 10 yrs Long Residence

Post by magsi23 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 pm

tuliprose wrote:
So we do not need any degree certificates (in case of living here 10 years on student visa) and bank statements?
You don't, however there is no harm carrying them with you just incase.
Magsi

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes I agree with magsi23 that you do not need your degree certificate and it is best to take them with you. This is because if case worker has doubt as to what you have been doing during the past 10 yrs then you can show him/her your degree certificate as the proof of being actually attending school on that period, and employer letter as being in emplyoment and etc

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Yes I agree with magsi23 that you do not need your degree certificates and it is best to take them with you to PEO. This si because case worke might rase doubt as to what you have been doing in the pas 10 yrs and then you can use your degree certificates as a proof that you have been attending school, or/and employer letter as a proof that you have been in employment and etc

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 am

Would somebody plz tell me what's this FOI and SAR stands for??

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Toliprose sorry for the agony of waiting!

FOI = Freedom Of Information

SAR = The Subject Access Request [SAR] - is the procedure available under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act for an Individual to ask an organisation for copies of personal data held about him/herself whether in manual [e.g. paper-based] or IT filing systems.

I hope this is clear?

Cheers!

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:28 pm

iyanu wrote:Toliprose sorry for the agony of waiting!

FOI = Freedom Of Information

SAR = The Subject Access Request [SAR] - is the procedure available under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act for an Individual to ask an organisation for copies of personal data held about him/herself whether in manual [e.g. paper-based] or IT filing systems.

I hope this is clear?

Cheers!
Yes it is clear now.

Many thanks.