ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO confused with bank statements!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran_jammy
Newly Registered

HO confused with bank statements!!!

Post by kiran_jammy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

hi ppl, i have a situation here, i applied for PSW visa on 21st of aug...with my last bank statement which has a issue date of 28th of july but the last transaction was 9th of july. so for that i took an electronic statement and got stamped with my bank either. couple of days ago a lady from Ho called me up and said that she needed statement from date 9th july to 28th of july (remember there were no transactions made at this period). though i managed to explain her that she wanted other latest statements which included 9th july to 9th aug on a continous sheet of paper. i went to bank and asked for the same (my bank is lloyds) , they said that they cannot produce such a statement, they cannot issue any standard covering letter for me. i again called HO and told her the situation..she asked me to give any form of statement (which didnt include my name addres but just my acct number. she agreed to this!!!) which was attested by bank. i sent her everything. waiting for visa now.
hey guys anyone applying be aware of this situation...more with lloyds bank customers....take care to do some tranaction now and then with ur bank to avoid this kind of situations..
Last edited by kiran_jammy on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: HO confused with bank statements!!!

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm

kiran_jammy wrote:hi ppl, i have a situation here, i applied for PSW visa on 21st of aug...with my last bank statement which has a issue date of 28th of july but the last transaction was 9th of july. so for that i took an electronic statement and got stamped with my bank either. couple of days ago a lady from Ho called me up and said that she needed statement from date 9th july to 28th of july (remember there were no transactions made at this period). though i managed to explain her that she wanted other latest statements which included 9th july to 9th aug on a continous sheet of paper. i went to bank and asked for the same (my bank is lloyds) , they said that they cannot produce such a statement, they cannot issue any standard covering letter for me. i again called HO and told her the situation..she asked me to give any form of statement (which didnt include my name addres but just my acct number. she agreed to this!!!) which was attested by bank. i sent her everything. waiting for visa now. isnt this stupid... the rule says the latest bank satement should be one month before application date and they see the issue date of the statement rather than last transaction date.

hey guys anyone applying be aware of this situation...more with lloyds bank customers....take care to do some tranaction now and then with ur bank to avoid this kind of situations..

Sorry to hear that. I read somewhere in this forum about similar situation. The money was in the account for all the time but the guy never used it so HO, I dont know what they checked, they never called him and then refused the visa !!!!
In your case they have called you, so hope for a positive reply.

Good Luck.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:40 pm

To avoid such problem, I think it is advisable that PSW applicants make at least one transaction at the end of the three months period to be included in the statement. Well, it is silly I guess
________
F1 642
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

hocus
Newly Registered

agreed

Post by hocus » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:56 pm

I totally agree with you