ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need suggestions/help on dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Need suggestions/help on dependant visa

Post by sreekareddy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Folks,

I have applied for Tier-1 WP in the month of April '09 and got it stamped in May '09. I had a job offer in UK that time but due to recession, it was on hold till last week and I will be joining my new employer in UK on Oct 19th.

I got married after I got my Tier-1 visa and now I want to apply for dependant visa for my wife.

There are so many confusions around getting a dependant visa. I have few simple questions on the same and hoping to get some answers from you.

1. Can I take my wife on visiting visa and apply for Tier-1 dependant visa while she is on visiting visa in UK? What are the implications by doing so?

2. I did not maintain any funds after I got my visa. Only 5 days ago I have deposited 1600(dependant)pounds+800(Self) pounds equivalent in my India bank account. However, my wife has fixed deposits and NSC bonds in her name which will be of worth 2500pounds. Now I am confused about when can I apply to make sure I get dependant visa for my wife? What is missing from my end to make my application successful for dependant visa?

Please help!!!!

Thank you,
Sreekanth

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Need suggestions/help on dependant visa

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:50 am

sreekareddy wrote:Hi Folks,

I have applied for Tier-1 WP - i still believe u mean to say Tier1(G) visa not WP Tier2(G)in the month of April '09 and got it stamped in May '09. I had a job offer in UK that time but due to recession, it was on hold till last week and I will be joining my new employer in UK on Oct 19th.

I got married after I got my Tier-1 visa and now I want to apply for dependant visa for my wife.

There are so many confusions around getting a dependant visa. I have few simple questions on the same and hoping to get some answers from you.

1. Can I take my wife on visiting visa and apply for Tier-1 dependant visa while she is on visiting visa in UK? What are the implications by doing so?
NO, she has to go back to india to apply for Dependent visa.. see this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... dantroute/

2. I did not maintain any funds after I got my visa. Only 5 days ago I have deposited 1600(dependant)pounds+800(Self) pounds equivalent in my India bank account. However, my wife has fixed deposits and NSC bonds in her name which will be of worth 2500pounds. Now I am confused about when can I apply to make sure I get dependant visa for my wife? What is missing from my end to make my application successful for dependant visa?
Please read the HO Guidance for Dependents Page 8 - paragraph 42

42.If a dependant applies separately from the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

i think she can use FD as maintenance funds.. pls wait for some others to confirm on this but still u shd maintain ur funds before she applies becos funds of dependents can not be used by main applicant.. but its ok viceversa..
Please help!!!!

Thank you,
Sreekanth

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Post by sreekareddy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks a ton for your response Ramesh...

Sorry for not being clear on the type of visa. Yes, Its is Tier-1 general.

Is it true that Bachelor degree holders are not eligible to apply for Tier-1 general visa any more? As my wife is also working, I thought we will apply for her Tier-1 general visa as a primary applicant because of not having enough fund maintenance to apply dependant visa for her. I tried PB assessment in UKBA site for her and the online system didn't award any points for her education.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm

sreekareddy wrote:Thanks a ton for your response Ramesh...

Sorry for not being clear on the type of visa. Yes, Its is Tier-1 general.

Is it true that Bachelor degree holders are not eligible to apply for Tier-1 general visa any more? As my wife is also working, I thought we will apply for her Tier-1 general visa as a primary applicant because of not having enough fund maintenance to apply dependant visa for her. I tried PB assessment in UKBA site for her and the online system didn't award any points for her education.
Thats right.. minimum Masters degree for Tier1(G)..

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Post by sreekareddy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 pm

I am going back to my original posting Point No.1

u meantioned that she has to go back when she applies for dependant. Does that mean that she can be thr with me in UK on visiting Visa till she applies for dependant.

Sorry for taking too much of ur time. It's just a desperation :)

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 pm

sreekareddy wrote:I am going back to my original posting Point No.1

u meantioned that she has to go back when she applies for dependant. Does that mean that she can be thr with me in UK on visiting Visa till she applies for dependant.

Sorry for taking too much of ur time. It's just a desperation :)
She can travel as a tourist to UK with you, that will not be any problem whatsoever for upto 6 months. That will give you enough time to maintain the funds in your account and for her to return to India and apply for entry as a dependant.

Once she joins you as a dependant, there will be no restriction for her to take up a job in the UK.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:30 pm

cheshiregoan - covered it.. that's right..

chandu_246

Hi:

Post by chandu_246 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi sreekareddy

I think u should apply for family visit visa for yr wife not for tourist visa.I am also in the same boat like u and I am applying for family visit visa.

See the section below 8.8 and 8.9 in General or Tourist visa VAFA1 form.

8.8 Do you have any friends or family in the UK? (Definition of
‘family member’ can be found in the guidance notes)
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Full name Nationality Address Telephone Number Exact Relationship

REMINDER: If the main purpose of your trip is to visit family (as defined in the Guidance) then you should have completed VAF1B

Definition of a family member
A “member of the applicant’s familyâ€

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Post by sreekareddy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 am

cheshiregoan/Ramesh/chandu, Thank you for your prompt reply.

My visa is valid from the month of May but I am travelling only in Oct. Will it create any issue during immigration? What questions I may be asked by the Immigration officers at the port of entry?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 am

sreekareddy wrote:cheshiregoan/Ramesh/chandu, Thank you for your prompt reply.

My visa is valid from the month of May but I am travelling only in Oct. Will it create any issue during immigration? What questions I may be asked by the Immigration officers at the port of entry?
It is not a problem.. u can travel till the visa is valid.. but to be on safe side..
1. just keep all ur docs sent for visa handy..
2. Get the TB Report and x-ray done in any medical center
3. if you have get the details of the company you are joining which u mentioned - immig officer can casually ask where do u work

rest it is fine.. cheers

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Post by sreekareddy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 am

All,

I got only my Passport with the Visa stamped on it. Will there be any Approval letter along with it? I did not get any.

Thank you,
Sreekanth

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 am

sreekareddy wrote:All,

I got only my Passport with the Visa stamped on it. Will there be any Approval letter along with it? I did not get any.

Thank you,
Sreekanth
There usually is a letter that explains how many points you claimed and were granted under each criteria. It will be signed by the Immigration Officer who signed your application.

Depending on the mood of the official at the airport, he/she may ask you any number of questions. If you can answer them calmly then you will finish immigration in two minutes, if you get tense then they will ask you even more questions.

If you have all your papers handy, at least you have an answer for all their questions.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.