ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need to declare medicines on port of entry?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icecool
- thin ice -

Do i need to declare medicines on port of entry?

Post by icecool » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:57 pm

hi,
Well 6 months ago i had bone tuberculosis which is Not infectious...Im totally fine now and i dont have any problem at all...The doctor told me to take my medicines till 9 months to reduce any risk of re-occurance...Thats why im taking 3 months of antibioitic medicines with me but thats just a precautionary measure as i dont suffer from tuberculosis at all now and my blood test show no t.b symptoms...Im taking about 90 tablets with me so can you people please tell me weather will i need to declare them on the port of arrival?

btw t.b screening is not required in my country before entry clearance and more than that i didnt had an infectious t.b which the uk officers are concerned about..I also want to know that will they waste my time by screening me @ port of entry?

thanks

cc_victim
Newly Registered

Post by cc_victim » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Take a current X ray and report with you...they will ask you if you have a report else you need to queue up for x ray.. Idont think the need to declare medicines... just carry the prescription from doc.