ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can I overstay??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manutdonline
Newly Registered

How long can I overstay??

Post by manutdonline » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:20 pm

OK, I realise this may sound illegal, but here's the scenario..

I'm currently waiting for my Tier 2 application to be approved but I'm worried that it might not get done in time and I'll have to leave the UK. Which is fine with me, but I'm worried that I might not have enough time to sort out my finances, housing, bills, sell my stuff blah blah.

My current visa expires in November, can I overstay a couple of weeks just to sort everything out and still be considered 'legal'??

Thanks!

nksg

Re: How long can I overstay??

Post by nksg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:58 pm

As per the guidelines, you have 28 days to leave the country once the visa is expired.

But if your application is with UKBA and under consideration, you can live in the country Legally untill the 28 days after you get the outcome of your application (in case if it is a rejection)
manutdonline wrote:OK, I realise this may sound illegal, but here's the scenario..

I'm currently waiting for my Tier 2 application to be approved but I'm worried that it might not get done in time and I'll have to leave the UK. Which is fine with me, but I'm worried that I might not have enough time to sort out my finances, housing, bills, sell my stuff blah blah.

My current visa expires in November, can I overstay a couple of weeks just to sort everything out and still be considered 'legal'??

Thanks!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: How long can I overstay??

Post by nionlight » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

manutdonline wrote:OK, I realise this may sound illegal, but here's the scenario..

Thanks!
you will not be over staying untill you get visa decision from home office. so you dont need o woryy about that. if you get your visa decision as negetive then you have 28 days to leave, or appeal or make other arrangement. Good luck with your visa.