ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarity on Exceptional Cases of Claiming Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Onika
Newly Registered

Clarity on Exceptional Cases of Claiming Benefits

Post by Onika » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello all,

I had previously posted this way back in July but did not get any reply. Fortunately i stumbled upon the paragraph below:

'3.4.2. Exceptions as a result of living with a family member
A person subject to immigration control who is living with a family member who is a British Citizen or national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), for example a child or partner, is eligible for certain public funds if they have a right to reside in the UK. A list of EEA countries and the Public Funds which nationals of those countries are entitled to claim is given below;'

3.4.2.1.1. Public Funds they are entitled to claim

Attendance Allowance
Carer’s Allowance
Child Benefit
Child Tax Credits
Working Tax Credits
Disability Living Allowance
Contributory related Employment and Support Allowance - ESA (C)
Severe Disablement Allowance
Social Fund Payment
Based on the above para, can it then be said that i am entitled to the below benefits as stated in my previous post? (see below) Also, if am entitled to claim CB does that mean i can also receive the Health in Pregnancey grant?
I would appreciate any clearification on this pls and apologies if this is a duplication.
I am currently a tier 1 general due for ILR by 2012. I am a mum and sole carer of a child who is a British Citizen, i receive CB, WTC and CTC, am i eligible to actually claim any of these benefits?
Many thanks in anticipation

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Please see the following leaflet:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cfunds.pdf

You have not posted where you got the information above from, so I cannot check it. Are you looking after your child on your own, or with a partner? Is your partner British? How do you know your child is British?

Onika
Newly Registered

Post by Onika » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I actually came across the document quoted from this forum. It was posted by member OBIE in response to KAFF post(HiPG from NHS eligibility) on the 1/09/09 here is the document:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The document is titled Immigration Directorate Instruction dated July 2009. Pls read section 3.4.2 Exceptions as a result of living with a family member
The father of my child is british and i was married to him. I now live alone with my child who was born in the UK and has a british passport, i take full responsibility for the child without any support from the father.

Hope i have made this clearer

Many thanks