ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm

@teeina,

It might be the security checks

@softlogic
YES, it was 6 WEEKS, not months :)

I will take appointment tomorrow inshALLAH and resubmit my PP with medical. I also have an issue as they have asked university acceptance letter , in their call letter. I dont have it since i have applied on tier 1

Will talking to Abu Dhabi embassy gona solve my problem?

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 am

Hello theimmigrant,
That’s really surprising that one got passport back in just 6 weeks. Many people on forum and I myself waiting it since more than 2 months. I have not heard any one who submitted in May and got it back. Don’t be disappointed but BHC average time after resubmitting passport is 3 months and it can be 2 or 5 as well.
It’s so strange that for Tier 1 they asked admission letter from university ï
Kash

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 pm

dont scare me softlogic :) im pretty hopefull that i will get it back again in 7 weeks inshALLAH

I am going to submit it on 27th aug. My case was processed in Abu Dhabi. I will call them and ask them. If this doesnt help then i will send a cover letter with the documents. InshALLAH, that will help.

Its written on call letter that acceptance letter is required for students. So, Lets see

Good luck for your passport brother.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 am

Hi theimmigrant,
i am not scaring you bro, that’s what we are experiencing now. i am not alone in this boat many people you will find waiting their passport since 2 or 3 months.
By the way why you so sure about it ?:) do u have Alla-Din Cheeragh ?:)

Regards,
Kash

scholarshk

Still Delay

Post by scholarshk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:24 pm

theimmigrant

Don't be scared, just face the facts.

I think when they reject someone or return due to any reason, they do it quickly. May be there's not much filing works in that case.

But in case you'll get guaranteed visa, they are taking much time for all the likkhat padhatt works.

I visited Gerrys this Thursday (12 weeks passed). Still no update.

Surely Allah has betterment in all happenings. Maybe Allah wanted us to benefit fully from the holy month of Ramadan Mubarak and then depart to the UK.

Regards,

SHK

unfairworld
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by unfairworld » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:31 pm

can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi scholarshk,
I also visited Gerry last Thursday but no update. He said visit after 20 days again. Its 2.25 months now since I have submitted my passport. Might be you are right about passport delay but again our many checks are already done. now days I think its peak season as well as many student and visitor application in these days.
Lets hope again for good news in first week of Ramzan :)

Regards,
Kash

scholarshk

Hum jeetain ge

Post by scholarshk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:41 am

softlogic20 wrote:Lets hope again for good news in first week of Ramzan :)
InshAllah :idea:

I wonder whats Gerrys and BHC timings in Ramadan Mubarak ?

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:40 am

hello scholarshk,
i think there timings are same in Ramzan tooo or might be 8 to 4 now, plz correct me if i am wrong. i tried to see on their web site but they have not updated yet.

another weak is gona Start :) lets hope a good news in this week:)

Regards
Kash

scholarshk

Timings

Post by scholarshk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi,

I went again to Gerrys yesterday (Tuesday). No update as usuall.

However the passport collection timings for Ramadan Mubarak is 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.

Regards,

SHK

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 am

Hi ScholarSHK,
Thanks for updating Ramzan timing of Gerry.
How was your visit experience? Did you noticed or talked to anyone who came for passports especially after appeal? When they submitted their passport etc?

Regards,
Kash

scholarshk

No one

Post by scholarshk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Nope,

Did not meet any such person.

I saw 2 ladies who were doing "Tasbih" prayer at full speed. But when the counter staff told that there passports have not arrived, both the ladies slowed their prayer and returned back sadly. (I however did not talk to them).

There was one Gerrys staff (a somewhat older lady) who I think has only job of encouraging people. She was saying (like old sanyasi babas) that "Visa will come, it may take 3 months or even 4 months, but visa will come". When I heard 4 months, I wanted to say something real nice to her, but my Ramadan fasting stopped me.

Guess we have no option than to wait, wait and wait.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Dear All,
I just want to inform you that with the grace of ALLAH I got my passport back today with visa stamped. Thank you every One so much for your kind help and suggestion.
I submitted my passport after allowed appeal in last week of May and today I got it.
Visa stamp date is 3rd of September.
I hope and strongly believe that every one waiting their passport will get it very soon INSHALLAH.
Just pray to Allah and INSHALLAH he will bless surly.
MAY GOD bless everyone in this holy month?
Thanks and best regards,
Kash

scholarshk

Congrats

Post by scholarshk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 am

Congratulations, you won the race. I am still behind the reaching point.

Good luck and pray for me.

Regards,

SHK

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: urgent

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 am

unfairworld wrote:can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )

Your wife will be HSMP dependent and will pay 30,100

india11

Post by india11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm

hi rizwan567

I have send you a pm please check it

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: urgent

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:07 pm

unfairworld wrote:can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )
It is best to confirm with the Home Office but since you are now in the UK on a Tier 1 visa, your dependants will also be entering the UK on a Tier 1 dependant.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

india11

Post by india11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

hi rizwan567

please check your pm

Alishah

Been here, Now in UK

Post by Alishah » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Hello all.
Its nice to see the progress you all are making, not long ago, I was connected via this forum to many people who were in process to make their move, about all of them moved to their destinations and I am sure they all are well set.

It seems easy if I look back, but it was like butterfly in stomach, I was in same phase and I knew how it feels.

But my advise is keep your good efforts and make your dream come true.

"If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing holds you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. Dale Carnegie"

Bye
Alishah
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

awais_bukhari
Newly Registered

Post by awais_bukhari » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 am

I asked about my mother's visa status from Abu Dhabi and I received following reply from them on 6th September 2009. Can any one tell how long will it take further?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and you should hear your decision from Gerry’s shortly. Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Visa Correspondence Team
British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

scholarshk

UK visa delays Pakistan rock star

Post by scholarshk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 pm

UK visa delays Pakistan rock star

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8174267.stm

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Asalam o ALykum All/ Hi All,

By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH the appeal was made in my favor.
But now I am totally unaware of the new rules and regulations.

I have applied when the requirement points were 65 points.

Forum members who got HSMP approved , EC refused and won the appeal please suggest me what to do?

Help will be appreciated.

Regards

waheed

scholarshk

Post by scholarshk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:10 pm

WaAlaikum AsSalaam Mr. Waheed,

(I have sent you the same message as reply)

Anyways now that appeal is in your favour, you have to wait for a Call-in letter that BHC Islamabad will send after some time. There is a time limit during which UKBA can challenge AIT against its decision but usually that does not happen as they are already very much busy. Keeping this in mind, I suggest you wait for one month atleast before enquiring BHC Islamabad about your call-in letter which should reach by 6 weeks time after date of AIT decision. BUT it takes very much longer than that.

Its like, you have completed 1 difficult phase and now you have entered an other phase of waiting, waiting and waiting.

My AIT decision was of January 2009 and according to BHC they issued the call-in letter in FEB 2009, but I received it in APRIL. Then I took appointment from UK VAC Call center and submitted (as stated) Copy of HSMP approval letter (it doesnot matter if it has expired, actually it never expires its just that we have to apply within 6 months after HSMP approval letter which we did at our time), original TB certificate (that you have to go through again the TB test), and original passport in May 2009, thats it.

And then you have to wait for visa issuance as I am since May 2009 till present. The whole world now knows that UKBA is taking way longer than stated time line for issuing visas.

But the good thing is that now there is no verification, no bank statement, and all that non-sense, just wait and wait.

After a detailed news in this Sunday DAWN main page, I hope BHC will issue visa a little more earlier.

Good luck,

Regards,

SHK

scholarshk

brits-wake-up-to-rage-over-visa-mess

Post by scholarshk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:21 pm

News right from our heart at main page of this Sunday's DAWN:

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -05-sal-01

Worth reading.

And here are its responses in today's DAWN:

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... anis-zj-05

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -609-zj-02

Hoping for betterment.

SHK

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Scholarshk.

My appeal was allowed on September 30 ,2009.

After how much time I will receive the tribunal decision in writing (determination)?

What are the chances that UK Border Agency may ask the tribunal to reconsider the decision and what if it does

Regards

Waheed