ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:02 am

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife's passport has been kept by HO after CCL allegation and our case is in court, still without any hearing.

Could someone tell me please if we can get her passport back without taking back our appeal?

Actually we want to travel for our honeymoon and can’t travel without passport!!! You can also tell me if we could travel out of the UK at all at first place?

Thanks.
Any recommendation?.... John and other seniors please?
18. Leaving the UK temporarily
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Summer_field
Newly Registered

Post by Summer_field » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:37 am

Hi everyone
I got update for everyone. My friend got letter from high court that his CCL appeal is dismissed and he is not allowed to appeal any future. Can you t ell me how long time period he have to leave this country?

he was waiting for court date but he received refusal letter

Is any thing he can do now or can he go against this dismissal letter?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

CCL Update

Post by HitmaN2009 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 pm

To All CCL Victims,

Quick update:-

We have now started collecting money to represent a joint case in the high court against the decision of the AIT. Tomorrow we are filing our case & we will be hiring one of the top QC to represent our case. All CCL victims are requested to join as soon as possible as the more students we have the lower the expenses per person.

Regardless if your appeal is pending or dismissed or even if you have lost the case with no right of further appeal you can still join us & pursue the appeal in high court as the law does not restrict you. By the end of this month the AIT will start sending the hearing dates to all the students who have sent for written representations if necessary. Plz note that sending written representation to AIT whether through your lawyer or in private does NOT guarantee you a hearing & its completely upto the court if they will grant you a hearing. We need more students to unite as soon as possible before the AIT starts issuing dates so we can proceed with our case in High court. So far we have about 50 - 60 students. We have students who initially won their cases before the lead case decision. We also have students to whom no right of appeal was given.

All CCL victims are requested to contact me or Rizoo if you want to unite with us. Please note we are not in any way affiliated with any company or law firm. We are victims of CCL just like other people on this forum & have merely taken a step to unite everyone together to appeal in high court. There are things that are confidential & sensitive which I can not discuss on the forum.

Best regards,

HitmaN

Summer_field
Newly Registered

Re: CCL Update

Post by Summer_field » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 am

Hi every today I received a letter from High court that my appeal is dismiss on the bases that CCL never run this course and it’s not dispute on this. The letter dated was 7 Sep but I received this morning.

Now I have 28 days to leave. Please can you advice me what to do, Is anything else I can do or not i have to go back to my country.

Please advise me if any way or anything I do.

Can any 1 tell 28 days count from the date I received or the date on t he letter.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am

Summer_field wrote:Hi every today I received a letter from High court that my appeal is dismiss on the bases that CCL never run this course and it’s not dispute on this. The letter dated was 7 Sep but I received this morning.

Now I have 28 days to leave. Please can you advice me what to do, Is anything else I can do or not i have to go back to my country.

Can any 1 tell 28 days count from the date I received or the date on t he letter.
Dear Summerfield,

Your situation is in vicious circle.I do not know your background.Try to apply for Canada's PR from London as soon as possible.Then leave the country.I think you have only 28 days to leave.Once you get number to submit your documents in support of PR application you can transfer your file from London to your home country.The only advantage of applying from London is that you will get the number soon.You do not have to wait a long.If you do not make sufficient points for PR application,I would suggest please apply.I do not see anymore option for you.Regards.

Sadhu Agashe.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:27 pm

HitmaN2009 wrote:To All CCL Victims,

We have now started collecting money to represent a joint case in the high court against the decision of the AIT.

I mean this in no disrespect to Hitman or anyone else but please all be very careful and vigilant when giving people Money who you barely know and know you are in a vunerable position. I have no reason or evidence to think that any foul play is happening here but please do be careful.

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

Post by HitmaN2009 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Summer_field wrote:Hi every today I received a letter from High court that my appeal is dismiss on the bases that CCL never run this course and it’s not dispute on this. The letter dated was 7 Sep but I received this morning.

Summer_field you said you received the letter from High Court. When you say High court do you mean to say that you already appealed in High Court ??? Does that mean that your appeal was dismissed from AIT & then you went to High Court on your own ??? Or is it that you have simply received the dismissal letter from AIT ???

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

Post by HitmaN2009 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Vanadil wrote:
HitmaN2009 wrote:To All CCL Victims,

We have now started collecting money to represent a joint case in the high court against the decision of the AIT.

I mean this in no disrespect to Hitman or anyone else but please all be very careful and vigilant when giving people Money who you barely know and know you are in a vunerable position. I have no reason or evidence to think that any foul play is happening here but please do be careful.
Brother Vanadil,

I totally agree with you. No one would ever want to waste their money. The only reason i'm posting is because I want more & more students to come forward & join us to present a stronger case. If in doubt as I said before please contact me or Rizoo. We are doing group meetings on weekly basis & updating the students on the case. I am a victim of CCL as well & one of the unfortunate students. Any CCL students who want to appeal in high court can come & join us. The whole point of meeting up & presenting a joint case in high court is cost saving plus more evidence & irrefutable proof that the students were genuine & there was no malpractice done by students & the case will definitely be represented by a QC. We are still discussing as to who as we have quite a few people who are considered the best including QC Ian Macdonald.

regards,

HitmaN

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Am I missing a point here? If I am, don't hesitate to correct me.

As I understand it there were genuine students doing genuine courses at CCL. But such genuine students would know a lot about their courses, who taught them, where in the building they were taught, etc etc.

However there are lots of others who have been issued with certificates (and I am not saying at all who issued them) who have not studied at CCL, and thus whose certificates are effectively null and void.

UKBA have become concerned about the sheer number of people producing certificates claiming to be issued because of study at CCL, and because of the size of the CCL building it must be clear that many of those claiming to have studied at CCL never in fact did so.

Against this background I am wondering about the term "CCL Victims". Who are we talking about? (And I am not expecting any confessions to be posted openly on this board.) Are we talking about those who were genuine CCL students who are therefore badly affected by all the fake certificates? Or are we talking about those who were not really studying at CCL, who have now been "found out"? Or both groups?

Or is anyone claiming that all the certificates issued because of CCL study are actually totally genuine? If so, please explain how everyone fitted into the building.
John

cc_victim
Newly Registered

Post by cc_victim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Lets for the time being forget the sceario of fake students...the truth is College was running, irrespective of classes and practicals and has issued certificates. We were trapped, yes we are and no doubt outs our mistake. On the other hand the running of so called CCL college came to the limelight later by UKBA and now count whosoever faults we are on loosing ground.

I received a similar letter from tribunal seeking for written representation by Sep 25 and I am willing to try a workaround. My question is - if during the given time frame I get married to a citizen, I am catholic, I know it will take a COA route but if I do so, what are the odds? Is there a possibility of me surviving in this country?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 am

I am begining to feel some degree of sympathy for some victims of CCL.

The problem i am having, which i think the UKBA is facing as well, is distinguishing between students who were party to the scam or charade and those who were attending courses in good faith, thinking it was a genuine programme , which will ultimately give rise to a recognised qualification.

It doesn't do any favours to the student mobilisation force, if they provide an open invititation to all CCL students. What will give credibility to your cause and case, is if you can assign qualified individuals who can assess the cases and decide who can be added to you group, which will be going to the High Court. You have to ensure, if you are genuine, to seperate the rotten fishes from the good ones, if you are to stand any chance and your cases to be given any credence.

In regards to the marriage application, whiles your appeal is pending, it will not be accepted in- country. Section 3D of the immigration Law doesn't permit application to be considered whiles an appeal is pending.

You will have to return to your home country. I am assuming you partner is a UK citizen of course and not other community nationals.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Let’s assume for a minute,

CCL never ran PGD course............alright
CCL sold qualifications..... alright
Students were lured by visa extension .............. alright

But what about......

CCL management??..... no one has a clue

CCL teachers...... eloped,

HO, which is just biasing with students by just blaming them only (they can’t do much actually, if you are caught, you are the thief)

BAC, which accredited CCL with closed eyes and never visited the campus,

Other accreditation bodies,

Secret services, under their nose everything was happening.

Met Police, who still couldn’t catch any guy from management.

I guess there is no case registered against anyone from management.

This gives a chance for other greedy guys running colleges to do a scam and run away and let students suffer and government to waste their money. Shame.

The truth is, all departments in high power just won’t take any kind of blame on themselves, management and teachers are missing only students remain to take all the “creditâ€

cc_victim
Newly Registered

Post by cc_victim » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 pm

"""very true... I dont think the other party is of any interest to HO. Its only the students who will suffer, no doubt partners in crime but why dont they catch the big fish. At best we can do is anonymously inform the policitical supremos but who knows if the show was actually running under their shadow.

I will fight it till the end in the court, but let me know if this appeal have any repurcussion on me if I apply for a dependent visa from home country after getting married to a Brit as I mentioned in my previous post.""""

Any advice.....
Last edited by cc_victim on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

CCL Issue

Post by HitmaN2009 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 pm

There were many inconsistencies in the lead case & a lot of issues that were not raised on behalf of CCL Management. The reason we as a group want to pursue the appeal in high court is this time we have a whole team of students & we want to put the blame on UKBA as well. Sure enough if the students are to blame then accordingly the management & the UKBA is equally blamed as well. If they say the issue is deception & the courses were never taught then we have an issue as well that no matter what they say at the end of the day CCL was included in the listed bodies & there are students who came from abroad as well on acceptance of unconditional letters offered by CCL.

There were students who got their extensions on PSW as well as IGS long before the whole scam unfolded. CCL was infact listed as an authorised college capable of issuing PGD's as authorised by the rules of UKBA. The higher authorities are equally responsible as well for including the college in the listed bodies without visiting or inspecting the college & their standards.

There are other issues as well as some students were even tricked by the management of the college itself into buying diplomas. In other words misled by the management of the college in acquiring an easy way out with PGD's.

There are numerous other issues which need to be addressed as well. I personally believe that there never ever were 2500 "genuine" students in the college & that a great percentage of students were using the college diploma as means of getting PSW visa. But deciding the future of 2500 students on the basis of lead case with 3 students from the college establishing that PGD was never taught seems unfair.

I invite all CCL victims to join us as we are taking the case in the high court & the case wil definitely be represented by a reputative QC. It doesnt matter if your case is still pending or dismissed. We at the moment are just gathering everyone in the group to represent the case in the high court as the more people we have the less cost per person.

Best Regards,

HitmaN

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:20 pm

if the students are to blame then accordingly the management & the UKBA is equally blamed as well. If they say the issue is deception & the courses were never taught then we have an issue as well that no matter what they say at the end of the day CCL was included in the listed bodies & there are students who came from abroad as well on acceptance of unconditional letters offered by CCL.
Wait a minute, someone gets a student visa, comes to the UK, finds their college is not really teaching, and you are blaming UKBA? Surely a genuine student would then find another college, one that will teach them, or indeed notify UKBA of the problem. But in fact the action seems to have been, let's use the certificate to try to get another visa.

I really am struggling to see how the word "victim" fits in here. If someone is speeding in their car, and gets caught, is that person a victim? Clearly not.

Where is the difference?
John

LEo2009

Reply to Jhon.

Post by LEo2009 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Let's assume whatever different people are trying to say with different and very srrange examples,would be right.But where was UKBA which gave collegees some sort of authority by which they can run diffierent programmes on different level. Not being bias but if UKBA in unable to check the colleges how they are running or how they are awarding dimplomas or whatever to students, there is no need to give any sort of status to any college.How and why CCL was awarded some status by which it issued POST GRADUATE DIPLOMAS of level 7 because CCL was in LISTED BODIES.

Sorry to say if we cannot do anything for the student, we shouldn't atleast make them afraid. This is obviously an open truth that all students are not genuine but this is also an open truth to how many students of CCL have been granted PSW or IGS. If CCL never run these DIPLOMAS, how and on which basis those students have been granted so called PSW or IGS. Definately when they send passport to UKBA for PSW. UKBA will not give them PSW for nothing or with closed eyes. It would definately confirm from CCL. You can also not say that all are FAKE.

One the basis of just 3 students and statements of so called teachers, it cannot be proved that all students were fake and this course had never been run. In this whole lead case drama, we didn't see any memeber of managemnet. where are they???? Why didn't UKBA or MET POLICE catch them who played not only with the lives of those who purchased these DIPLOMAS but also with those who were guniue or have been studying properly. They are actuallly sufferers.

Why are U guys only blaming students? This this is also trutht that students cannot make diplomas by themselves but they had been given diplomas by college wether it was genuine or fake. They are loads of things which are stupids and out of human understanding, which are disscussed. Now I would only say that justice is not being done. IF AIT wants to do justice, real culprit must be brought before it doesn't matter where he is. U cant decide the future of whatever number of students is only on the basis of so called lead case. Do play with the future of students. Don;t spoil their future while saying that they have deception.

Catch U later guys.

LEo2009
Last edited by LEo2009 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HitmaN2009
Newly Registered

Post by HitmaN2009 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 pm

John wrote:
if the students are to blame then accordingly the management & the UKBA is equally blamed as well. If they say the issue is deception & the courses were never taught then we have an issue as well that no matter what they say at the end of the day CCL was included in the listed bodies & there are students who came from abroad as well on acceptance of unconditional letters offered by CCL.
Wait a minute, someone gets a student visa, comes to the UK, finds their college is not really teaching, and you are blaming UKBA? Surely a genuine student would then find another college, one that will teach them, or indeed notify UKBA of the problem. But in fact the action seems to have been, let's use the certificate to try to get another visa.

I really am struggling to see how the word "victim" fits in here. If someone is speeding in their car, and gets caught, is that person a victim? Clearly not.

Where is the difference?

If someone leaves their shop open & unguarded without implementing security procedures & people come & steal from it who is to blame ??? The shopkeeper or the people or BOTH ????

And who is to determine if the course was being taught or not ??? It is according to the lead case decision that no teaching was going on in the college premises. On what basis ??? On the statement of 2 teachers who could not even provide their legitimacy or proof of being recruited by the
college. R u trying to say here that there is not a single genuine student who went to the classes.

I'm no one to justify the actions of students. Sure enough if someone used deception knowingly it was entirely their own choice. My whole point is to unite everyone if people still want to fight the lead case decision. I never said that the entire blame goes to UKBA. What I said was that UKBA & the college authorities were equally responsible for what went on. If all were responsible then why are students the only one to suffer ?? There is no case against the people who ran the college. No case against the people who gave the college a "Listed Body" status without inspecting the college standards. No case against the agents who were working outside the college.

cc_victim
Newly Registered

Post by cc_victim » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

"""very true... I dont think the other party is of any interest to HO. Its only the students who will suffer, no doubt partners in crime but why dont they catch the big fish. At best we can do is anonymously inform the policitical supremos but who knows if the show was actually running under their shadow.

I will fight it till the end in the court, but let me know if this appeal have any repurcussion on me if I apply for a dependent visa from home country after getting married to a Brit as I mentioned in my previous post.""""

Any advice.....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

If someone leaves their shop open & unguarded without implementing security procedures & people come & steal from it who is to blame ??? The shopkeeper or the people or BOTH ????
The shopkeeper, for being foolish, and the thief for carrying out the evil deed.

But what about the person who is not a thief, they just want to buy something! But there is no one there to serve them. So what do they do? They go to another shop! They might even tell the Police the shop is empty.

The analogy is of course that the genuine student would have found another college to study at. And even tell UKBA that CCL would not teach them!

So still struggling to understand the use of the word "victim" here.
John

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Let's assume whatever different people are trying to say with different and very srrange examples,would be right.But where was UKBA which gave collegees some sort of authority by which they can run diffierent programmes on different level. Not being bias but if UKBA in unable to check the colleges how they are running or how they are awarding dimplomas or whatever to students, there is no need to give any sort of status to any college.How and why CCL was awarded some status by which it issued POST GRADUATE DIPLOMAS of level 7 because CCL was in LISTED BODIES.

Sorry to say if we cannot do anything for the student, we shouldn't atleast make them afraid. This is obviously an open truth that all students are not genuine but this is also an open truth to how many students of CCL have been granted PSW or IGS. If CCL never run these DIPLOMAS, how and on which basis those students have been granted so called PSW or IGS. Definately when they send passport to UKBA for PSW. UKBA will not give them PSW for nothing or with closed eyes. It would definately confirm from CCL. You can also not say that all are FAKE.

One the basis of just 3 students and statements of so called teachers, it cannot be proved that all students were fake and this course had never been run. In this whole lead case drama, we didn't see any memeber of managemnet. where are they???? Why didn't UKBA or MET POLICE catch them who played not only with the lives of those who purchased these DIPLOMAS but also with those who were guniue or have been studying properly. They are actuallly sufferers.

Why are U guys only blaming students? This this is also trutht that students cannot make diplomas by themselves but they had been given diplomas by college wether it was genuine or fake. They are loads of things which are stupids and out of human understanding, which are disscussed. Now I would only say that justice is not being done. IF AIT wants to do justice, real culprit must be brought before it doesn't matter where he is. U cant decide the future of whatever number of students is only on the basis of so called lead case. Do play with the future of students. Don;t spoil their future while saying that they have deception.

Catch U later guys.

LEo2009

And plz don't fight like babies & examples are just out of understanding.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 pm

I believe the onus is on the student to ensure that the course they are undertaking, meets a specified criteria.

How on earth can student blame the UKBA , when they participated in this fraud. These people have no proof that they went to the college, no ID card, no attendance record, no records of teachers. It doesn't add up at all. Even an elementary school pupil will be intelligent enough to know their teachers and know whether or not a school is providing their needs, never mind a graduate.

The analogy of the shopkeeper not putting adequate security measure is just absurd.

The owners carelessness or recklessness is not a criminal offense, but stealing is a criminal offense. In other words, the Home office lack of check and balance is not the problem, but the student failure to spot that the course they embarked on was a fraud.

I am of the view, that these students had no intention to study in the UK, but to use the visa as a route to legalise there stay there, which is wrong. If you get caught doing that, the consequences could be dire, which is what has happened in this case.

I can understand them not wanting to report CCL, but they could have gone to other institutions, if not satisfied with CCL, which i am sure their visas made provision for. However , they didn't want that. They wanted certificates, without working for it, and to engage in full time employment at the same time.

In life, i have learnt you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ccl_vic
Newly Registered

CCL---Update

Post by ccl_vic » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:32 am

CCL Update

Hi Guys
Ryt this to update all of you here that we are having a final meeting on this coming monday.

So i would want all of you to come on this monday (date 21-09-2009) and get yourself registered with us,we are about 80 students of CCL and we need all of you to join us and fight for your future. We can help each other by doing this.(I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHERE TO COME AND WHAT TIME)

You can be in contact with HASH or ASHA or RIZOO for an update,just PM me your number or your email address and we will bE in touch.

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:36 am

I don't know that on which part of earth we are living because we just want to decide the future of thousands on the basis of that so called LEAD CASE. There are loads of things which were never discussed in that LEAD CASE which could surely be gone in students' favour.

1st of all, it is out of understanding that on which base or what the caritaria was on which THREE STUDENTS were picked . Because I can't understand that Randomally selected students can represent the whole lot.

How can someone only blame students for all that negligence done by UKBA itself. One thing I want to make very clear that I am not here to take anyone's side because what I noticed that people are taking sides here. Being ALOOF, I have found large number of irregularities in this whole case.

Will anyone tell me why UKBA has been granting IGS and PSW before this all controversy? What was the policy which was working properly and smoothly b4 this whole SCAM. It is an open truth that UKBA has given PSW to many students of CCL with the same course.

So please don't say that UKBA is not responsible. UKBA is as responsible as students are no matter some are genuine or fake.

But it is another story that if U all want to make STUDENTS main culprit & wholey responsible. But I would only say that JUSTICE is not being done at all. This is the only an easy way to hide UKBA negligence and get rid of all students and to..................... U might know what I truely mean.

I don't want to go furthur and involve myself in any controversy but there are loads which can be argued. Numerous points were not even touched.

Catch U later but would only say don't take sides.

rizoo

CCL---UPDATE

Post by rizoo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:36 am

CCL Update

i Guys
Ryt this to update all of you here that we are having a final meeting on this coming monday.

So i would want all of you to come on this monday (date 21-09-2009) and get yourself registered with us,we are about 80 students of CCL and we need all of you to join us and fight for your future. We can help each other by doing this.(I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHERE TO COME AND WHAT TIME)

You can be in contact with HASH or ASHA or RIZOO for an update, PLEASEjust PM me your number or your email address and we will bE in touch.