ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Unmarried Partner - HELP PLEASE! :D

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aussie123
Newly Registered

Sponsoring Unmarried Partner - HELP PLEASE! :D

Post by aussie123 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:06 am

Hi All

I was considering applying for HSMP Visa (or obtaining Tier 2 immigration) AND sponsoring my de-facto partner at the same time. I have a couple of questions in regard to this:

1) I have read in some places you have to have accommodation in place to sponsor a de-facto partner. How does this make sense if you are applying from overseas? Or is it you just have to have sufficient funds to be able to provide accommodation?

2) How many pieces of evidence to prove de-facto relationship exists? Can you use a combination of accounts/bills with joint names and correspondence sent to us as individuals but to the same address (that is, mail to me and mail to her, both sent to the same address).

Fon
Newly Registered

Post by Fon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 pm

็hi, I applied for mine within the UK but i think the requirement is pretty much the same.
- You have enough money to support both of u, (they look at both saving and income). You can get the company to write a letter stating your salary and show you pay slips (if ur partner is working, do the same)
- You have somewhere to live ( I didn't really show anything in particular toward this but our tenancy agreement and my statements showing regular rent payment are included in the documents I was giving them anyway)
- You have been living together for at least 2 years. For this you'll need to show 6 documents, spread over 2 years, from at least 3 different sources that are in joint names. If u don't have enough in joint names, letters address to each of you to the same add are ok.

Word of advice, give them more than they ask for. Because I didn't have much in joint name, I gave them hundreds of other stuff.

aussie123
Newly Registered

Post by aussie123 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:18 am

Fon wrote:็hi, I applied for mine within the UK but i think the requirement is pretty much the same.
- You have enough money to support both of u, (they look at both saving and income). You can get the company to write a letter stating your salary and show you pay slips (if ur partner is working, do the same)
- You have somewhere to live ( I didn't really show anything in particular toward this but our tenancy agreement and my statements showing regular rent payment are included in the documents I was giving them anyway)
- You have been living together for at least 2 years. For this you'll need to show 6 documents, spread over 2 years, from at least 3 different sources that are in joint names. If u don't have enough in joint names, letters address to each of you to the same add are ok.

Word of advice, give them more than they ask for. Because I didn't have much in joint name, I gave them hundreds of other stuff.
Hi, thanks for the reply. How does the "have somewhere to live" or accommodation requirement work when applying from overseas? Do you show that you presently have accommodation in place, say, in your home country? I would think it would apply to where you are going to live in the UK, in which case you wouldn't have accommodation setup UNTIL you arrive them, after granting the visa... so I can't see how this requirement works when applying from overseas?