ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving to ireland with my swedish wife.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

movingsoon
Newly Registered

moving to ireland with my swedish wife.

Post by movingsoon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:47 pm

ok. long story short.

me american. she swedish. been married and living in sweden for a little over two years now. was on holiday in ireland and she stumbled across a job. wasnt much going on in sweden so we said why the hell not lets do it!

ayway. she stayed to start job and find a home(wich she did) i ran back to sweden real quck to tie up a few loose ends and collect marrige cert.

have a pretty good idea of what happens next. go back fill in eu1. wait for the thing that says my papers are being proccesed. then go to garda to get tempoary 6 months work stamp thing while papres are going through. then wait.

does this sound about right?

my question is do we need to translate marriage cert?(its in swedish)

is that something we could sort out in ireland?
iching to get back, and dont fancy spending to much time alone with the in-laws;) (we moved out of flat before trip)

if i am wild and crazy and just go back now. will that be a problem at passport control at airport only having marriage papers in swedish?(could bring swedish english dict.) and the fact she is not with me.( she will meet me at airport however)

thanks for any info