ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Received

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Received

Post by adhirajp.21 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would really like to thank all of you for your suggestions for Tier 1 (General) Visa Application. I applied on 7th September and received it today (15th September) by courier.

However the most important thing still remains - looking for and getting a job in the UK.

I would just like to confirm 2 things -
1. Is it that I have to go to the UK (atleast for sometime) within 90 days for my visa to remain valid?
2. What apart from a chest X-Ray do I need to carry while I go there?

Thanks again to all of you...

nksg

Re: Tier 1 (General) Received

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am

Hi,

Congratulations for your visa.

You can travel any time as long as your visa is valied but you might need to take care of extn and ILR policy for eligibility.

for the second question please read the link below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=44680

Regards,
adhirajp.21 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I would really like to thank all of you for your suggestions for Tier 1 (General) Visa Application. I applied on 7th September and received it today (15th September) by courier.

However the most important thing still remains - looking for and getting a job in the UK.

I would just like to confirm 2 things -
1. Is it that I have to go to the UK (atleast for sometime) within 90 days for my visa to remain valid?
2. What apart from a chest X-Ray do I need to carry while I go there?

Thanks again to all of you...

chamelion

Post by chamelion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:29 am

how the heck did you get it so fast?? did you take the expedited route? i sent mine in last friday, they received it saturday and haven't yet processed my payment (i'm worried about this - last time they took payment the day after they received it.) i don't expect a response for another month...

jhallo_mia
Newly Registered

need help

Post by jhallo_mia » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:27 pm

many congrats Adhiraj! Since you have done it successfully, I want to know the process in particular detail, specifically:

1. what did you produce as age proof? Is a photocopy of passport is enough? what was your experience?

2. For educational qualification, what did you exactly submitted; all the degree certificates in original along with their photocopies? I am planning to submit my B.Sc and M.Sc. gradesheets and degree certificates in original along with averification letter from my university authenticating the degrees. Is that okay do i have to produce some other documents also?

3.Previous earnings: I am planning to submit 12 months salary slip verified by the HR in my company and the corresponding bank statements (ICICI) which show that the salary have been credited to my account. Is that everything? please tell me the nitty gritty of the process like authentication of the online bank statements etc.

4.Maintenance fund: I have accumulated the required fund in a different acount separate from the salary account. Is that okay?Do I need to authenticate the monthly online statement?

5. English proficiency: Letter from the university that shows my degree courses were taught in English. Is it sufficient?

In addition to these please share your experience that you think is important for a successful application.

Thanks in advance.
Jhallo

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Post by adhirajp.21 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 pm

how the heck did you get it so fast?? did you take the expedited route? i sent mine in last friday, they received it saturday and haven't yet processed my payment (i'm worried about this - last time they took payment the day after they received it.) i don't expect a response for another month...
I guess the processing time in India has come down beacuse of the low no. of applications. Not sure what the expedited route is - I applied through the Bangalore VFS. I paid the amount in cash. Tier1Bangalore (a member in this forum) also received his visa in 7 days. I hope you opted for the SMS facility. It gives you updates on the status of visa like 'Application forwarded to the High Commission', 'Processed Application delivered to Blue Dart on...' etc. You can also track your application on the VFS website...

adhirajp.21
Newly Registered

Post by adhirajp.21 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

many congrats Adhiraj! Since you have done it successfully, I want to know the process in particular detail, specifically:

1. what did you produce as age proof? Is a photocopy of passport is enough? what was your experience?

2. For educational qualification, what did you exactly submitted; all the degree certificates in original along with their photocopies? I am planning to submit my B.Sc and M.Sc. gradesheets and degree certificates in original along with averification letter from my university authenticating the degrees. Is that okay do i have to produce some other documents also?

3.Previous earnings: I am planning to submit 12 months salary slip verified by the HR in my company and the corresponding bank statements (ICICI) which show that the salary have been credited to my account. Is that everything? please tell me the nitty gritty of the process like authentication of the online bank statements etc.

4.Maintenance fund: I have accumulated the required fund in a different acount separate from the salary account. Is that okay?Do I need to authenticate the monthly online statement?

5. English proficiency: Letter from the university that shows my degree courses were taught in English. Is it sufficient?

In addition to these please share your experience that you think is important for a successful application.
1. Age Proof - Passport in original. No xeroxes accepted. In any case you have to submit your passport for the visa to be stamped.

2. Educational Qualifications - I submitted my B.Sc and M.Sc Degree certificates and marksheets all in original. Plus I had the Letter of Degree Comparability and English Language Assessment from the UK NARIC. This was totally unnecessary which I realised later but I had already applied to NARIC in June when I was in the process of gathering the required documents. You should have your degrees on the PBS Calculator which is most important. It should be fine if you also submit a verification letter from your university authenticating the degrees. But again it is not mandatory.

3.Previous Earnings - I submitted the salary slips of the last 12 months which was stamped and signed by the Payroll deptt. The second proof I submitted was the last 12 months Bank A/C Statements which was in the original bank stationery (bearing the logo of the bank and not e-statements). You can go for the e-statements but it has to be stamped and signed by the bank authorities on every page. Best if you can get the original statements.

4. Maintenance Fund - For me the proofs were a letter from my Bank stating the date since which I have been holding the A/C, the last withdrawable balance and the min. balance in the last 3 months (in INR). The date on the letter cannot be older than 1 month. Plus I gave the last 3 months A/C statements. It is fine if it is different from your salary A/C (for me they were the same though). But it has to be a Savings A/C.

5. English Proficiency - Again, if you have your degrees on the PBS Calculator, your job is done. And you are already submitting the B.Sc and M.Sc degrees.

In addition to the above, submit a xerox copy of every single document including your passport and bank statements. This had somehow slipped my mind and I had to waste an hour getting the xeroxes done.

Well, whatever suggestions I can give you would not be any different from what you will come across in this forum. I had all my doubts answered here and from a friend who had applied some months back. What I can say is fill in the forms (VAF9 and PBSAppendix1) very carefully, write a concise cover letter mentioning all the documents you are submitting (you will find some sample cover letters here and I suggest you have a look at some of them) and if possible submit an accommodation proof (I gave an invite letter from a friend in the UK and a copy of his rental agreement). This is not mandatory but it I believe it strengthens your application.
That's about it...

jhallo_mia
Newly Registered

Post by jhallo_mia » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks a ton Adhiraj for your valuable suggestions.