ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed!!! Do I need a new letter from the University

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ab041937
Newly Registered

Advice Needed!!! Do I need a new letter from the University

Post by ab041937 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

I finsihed my MSc from University of West of Scotland in Feb 2009 and applied for my PSW on June. The university letter was issued to me on 4th June 2009. The letter mentions that I would be awarded my degree in July. While my application was inprocess, I received my degree from the University. However, my application was refused due to lack of maintenance fund. I did receive my 10 points for the original University letter though. I returned back to India and I am going apply again next month end.

My query is, Do I need another letter from the university mentioning that I have received my degree, or the original letter issued would work fine for me? Second, Do I need to submit the original Degree with my PSW application.

Thanks in advance

Regards

AB

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Advice Needed!!! Do I need a new letter from the Univers

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 pm

ab041937 wrote:I finsihed my MSc from University of West of Scotland in Feb 2009 and applied for my PSW on June. The university letter was issued to me on 4th June 2009. The letter mentions that I would be awarded my degree in July. While my application was inprocess, I received my degree from the University. However, my application was refused due to lack of maintenance fund. I did receive my 10 points for the original University letter though. I returned back to India and I am going apply again next month end.

My query is, Do I need another letter from the university mentioning that I have received my degree, or the original letter issued would work fine for me? Second, Do I need to submit the original Degree with my PSW application.

Thanks in advance

Regards

AB
You need to give your original documents with your application, Educational and Bank's as well. Regarding the letter from uni, you can ask them for a standard attendence letter. It should be fine.

PS: Remember the overseas maintenance requirements are different ie £2800 and also read the UKBA website carefully before you apply.
Also you will have to mention your past refusal in the application form.

Good Luck.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:10 pm

I've got the all the rest of the documents. Have been maintaining over 4000 pounds, so don't believe that should be a trouble. I don't really know about standard attendence letter. What would be that? Also, I was refused US visa way back in 94. I surrendered the old passport long time back so I don't remember the date. However, I do remember making a mention(though not the exact date I guess) of it in my earlier Uk entry clearence VISA in 2004. DO u believe it'll be a problem if I can't mention exact date?

ash786
BANNED

Re: Advice Needed!!! Do I need a new letter from the Univers

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:30 pm

ab041937 wrote:I finsihed my MSc from University of West of Scotland in Feb 2009 and applied for my PSW on June. The university letter was issued to me on 4th June 2009. The letter mentions that I would be awarded my degree in July. While my application was inprocess, I received my degree from the University. However, my application was refused due to lack of maintenance fund. I did receive my 10 points for the original University letter though. I returned back to India and I am going apply again next month end.

Thanks in advance

Regards

AB
1. The same letter shud be fine as there is no requirement for the letter to be within one month old (only applies to bank statement)
2. If u have the certificate then u shud provide it now.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks for the advice Ash!!!

Could you tell me what do I need to do in regard to previous rejections. as I mentioned in the post above, I had a US VISA rejection way back in Dec 1994. My old passport has been cancelled and returned therefore, I don't remember the date of rejection. Would it be allrite if I mention the tentative date (just the month and the year)? Is there any website from where I can get some advice in regard to this thing?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 pm

ab041937 wrote:Thanks for the advice Ash!!!

Could you tell me what do I need to do in regard to previous rejections. as I mentioned in the post above, I had a US VISA rejection way back in Dec 1994. My old passport has been cancelled and returned therefore, I don't remember the date of rejection. Would it be allrite if I mention the tentative date (just the month and the year)? Is there any website from where I can get some advice in regard to this thing?
1. If the passport u had which had the american visa rejected then it does not effect u application as the form only ask for uk visa rejections.
2. However, as u r applying from home then the form is different and if it does ask for other country visas then do mention that and state that u do not have that passport and include a letter.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks Ash, I hope it helps. I don't want to leave anything to chance since UKBA are on a rejection spree, even looking under the rock to find a reason to deny the rightful VISA.