ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my son need Int'l Passport and HSMP to vist US

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ugonnaokoroafor@yahoo.com
Newly Registered

Does my son need Int'l Passport and HSMP to vist US

Post by ugonnaokoroafor@yahoo.com » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please can anyone advice me on this new policy of "not stamping kids passport photo on their mother's Int'l passport".My self and wife has HSMP VISA.
My son of two years still has his photo on my wife's Int'l passport. We have been travelling with him to other countries without any problem.
On hearing about this new policy,I want to know if we will have any problem travlling to the US with him, although the US embassy are willing to give him visiting visa on his mother's int'l passport, but I don't what the UK immigration law says concerning this situation.
Or do we consider getting him a Int'l passport and also HSMP before applying for the visiting visa to US.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 pm

As far as I am aware there is no problem with children travelling on a parent's passport. It is only British passports that cannot have children added to them and each child has to have his/her own passort.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:29 am

UKBAbble,

I think its not possible for any child to travel on their parents passport now. (Not an expert so could be wrong) & esp to the US.

I would be very very surprosed if your advice was true.

Deepak Mehta.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:38 pm

deepakmehtauk wrote:UKBAbble,

I think its not possible for any child to travel on their parents passport now. (Not an expert so could be wrong) & esp to the US.

I would be very very surprosed if your advice was true.
The OP said the US Enbassy were happy to issue a visa on the passport so it appears you may be wrong. I am pretty sure that family passports (non-British) are still accepted by UKBA.