ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant and maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mamady
Newly Registered

Dependant and maintenance funds

Post by Mamady » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:53 pm

I am about to apply for a HSMP to Tier 1 (general) extension, and my spouse is apply in the same application as a dependant. I have a few questions:

1) If my spouse were to get her visa rejected (she is applying as a dependand of me), would that mean mine is rejected too as we are applying in the same application? or would I get mine approved and she would get hers rejected only?

2) My spouse doesnt have 3 months worth of maintenance funds - she didnt open a bank account until very recently. I can prove I have more than £2000 in my accounts - is this good enough, or do the funds have to be in an account in her name? Also, does anyone know the exact number I need to have in my account for the last 3 months? for example I know I require £800 and she requires £533 - does that mean I have to prove £1,333 or can I just show £800? (my funds are in different bank accounts, it would be much easier if I just had to prove £800)

TIA

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant and maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 am

Mamady wrote:I am about to apply for a HSMP to Tier 1 (general) extension, and my spouse is apply in the same application as a dependant. I have a few questions:

1) If my spouse were to get her visa rejected (she is applying as a dependand of me), would that mean mine is rejected too as we are applying in the same application? or would I get mine approved and she would get hers rejected only?

2) My spouse doesnt have 3 months worth of maintenance funds - she didnt open a bank account until very recently. I can prove I have more than £2000 in my accounts - is this good enough, or do the funds have to be in an account in her name? Also, does anyone know the exact number I need to have in my account for the last 3 months? for example I know I require £800 and she requires £533 - does that mean I have to prove £1,333 or can I just show £800? (my funds are in different bank accounts, it would be much easier if I just had to prove £800)
TIA
Mamady.. i suggest you to go through the HO Guidance atleast 2-3times.. ur questions say so.. but good thing is u asked them..

The Main applicant can show the Maintenance funds of himselves + any no. of depenedents in his own bank account.. it is not mandatory that depenedents shd show their own funds.. they are dependents..
You can show your funds in 1 or more than 1accoutns as long as you show proper proofs like bankstatements with proper formats..

regarding rejection.. if main applicant application is rejected than sure depedents application wil be rejected.. but along with urs if u can attach most imp. docs for dependents like marriage certificate(Spouse), birthcertificates(kids) and funds.. etc other docs. then the chances of rejection fades away..

please read HO Guidance and take ur time..

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Mamady wrote:I am about to apply for a HSMP to Tier 1 (general) extension, and my spouse is apply in the same application as a dependant. I have a few questions:

TIA
Your dependant does not need to show any maintenance funds, as she is dependant upon you.

You need to show the full £1333 in your bank account(s).
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Mamady,
You can show the funds for both of you from your account.

You need to maintain a minimum of £1333 in the 3 months before you apply.

Don't worry about rejection. Provide all the required docs and you'll be thru.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Mamady,

Its only required for you to show 1333 for last 3months for you and dependent in your account ONLY. But in case if you have funds split in two different accounts (Both yours) please get both the statements out in your application.You should be fine in getting extension.

Regards,
Sreblog