ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

post or email? EEA2 Complaint

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

post or email? EEA2 Complaint

Post by elevendi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:54 pm

hi everyone

after 16 months of wait, i contacted my MP by email, i immediately received knowledgement email of receipt,

at the same time (a week ago) i downloaded the Complaint Form from Home Office Website, filled it and send it as attachemed to nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk i already sent an email a while ago to the same address requesting some update on my case, no reply since

just wondering if am i doing something wrong here, do i just need to wait for a reply or maybe i should made that complaint through the POST!?

anyone with same experience???
any input is appreciated! thank you

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: post or email? EEA2 Complaint

Post by Rozen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:58 pm

elevendi wrote:hi everyone

after 16 months of wait, i contacted my MP by email, i immediately received knowledgement email of receipt,

at the same time (a week ago) i downloaded the Complaint Form from Home Office Website, filled it and send it as attachemed to nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk i already sent an email a while ago to the same address requesting some update on my case, no reply since

just wondering if am i doing something wrong here, do i just need to wait for a reply or maybe i should made that complaint through the POST!?

anyone with same experience???
any input is appreciated! thank you
Keep bombarding them with emails! Every week if you have to!
They're more efficient (noticed Royal Mail strikes lately? :wink: ), cheaper and are more likely to be responded to than posted mail.
They'll soon take notice of you, whether they like it or not!
16 months is TOO long! Have you tried any other means? SOLVIT?

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 pm

thanks Rozen

Yes, i contacted SOLVIT EU two weeks ago! i submitted to them all what they requested as documents.
I hope that soon SOLVIT UK will get some news from UK Border Agency.

As for the complaint, then i am going to forward it again and again every Monday! till i can read a reply from them!.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Bombarding may help, although if everyone does it, the system will be clogged up.

Our average time for eea2 is 1.5 months, eea1 - around 4 weeks.

I do remember some cases from last years, when indeed the waiting time was in excess of 6 months.

The problem would be normally solved after a quick conversation with a team manager on a direct line.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Oh please! An email every week is hardly going to 'clog up' the system! Besides, not everyone is bothered enough to do so anyway! Experience from a lot of former EEA2 applicants (me included) has shown that the more you pester them, the quicker they want to conclude your case! And I didn't need no solicitor to do it for me!

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm

that's one good theory, maybe their system is indeed clogged up and all complaints sumbmitted by email are considered as junk! that does explain why i am not getting a reply! :-P

seriously,last thing i want after 16 months of wait is a solicitor! and get charged for free!