ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying this week, last few questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmm

Applying this week, last few questions

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 am

Hi friends,

I am applying this week for Tier 1 General, i have few questions to ask before i finalize my application:

1. I am submitting my maintenance bank statement from 10 June to 14 Sep that is more than 3 months. Only on first day of statment i.e. 10 June its not showing the balance required. like if i need to show 800
10 June - Start balance = 600
10 June - Money In 200 = 800
Although 10th June is more than three months period but i still want to make sure that visa officer don't think it as less balance? Do i need to submit a covering letter stating that please consider 14 June to 14 Sep as my maintenance period??

2. Main application form: Q B24 Has the applicant even lived in Northern Ireland- If you answer No it says "Goto part C"
but questions B26, B27 & B28 are about your "occupation". Do that means if i never lived in northern Ireland i don't need to fill these "occupation" questions?

3. I am not including my degree/IELTS as it is mentioned in the guidance that if you have provided evidence with your initial HSMP application, you don't need to submit them again. But i am still double minded, is there any friend who didn't submitted degrees for extension and got approval?

4. Dependent form Q B5, what to write in "Date from and to" in case of wife name changed due to marriage? Do we need to write exact date of birth & date of marriage or we can write description like "Name change due to marriage"

5. Dependent form Q B11: Is the home office reference number is same as of main applicant? or leave this blank?

6. Is it better to cut the unused parts of forms or we should leave them untouched?

7. Do we need to enclose all photos including dependents in one envelope and attach with Main applicant form? as there is also place of photos in depended form?

8. What is the best way and best day/time to post your application?

Thanks a lot.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Applying this week, last few questions

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:58 am

nmm wrote:1. I am submitting my maintenance bank statement from 10 June to 14 Sep that is more than 3 months. Only on first day of statment i.e. 10 June its not showing the balance required. like if i need to show 800
10 June - Start balance = 600
10 June - Money In 200 = 800
Although 10th June is more than three months period but i still want to make sure that visa officer don't think it as less balance? Do i need to submit a covering letter stating that please consider 14 June to 14 Sep as my maintenance period??

This shouldn't really be a problem as long as you make it very clear on your cover letter and elsewhere that you are submitting this statement for 14/06/2009 to 14/09/2009

However since you are applying for dependants as well, you need to have £533 for each dependant as well.
nmm wrote:2. Main application form: Q B24 Has the applicant even lived in Northern Ireland- If you answer No it says "Goto part C"
but questions B26, B27 & B28 are about your "occupation". Do that means if i never lived in northern Ireland i don't need to fill these "occupation" questions?
B26/27/28 are for people who have lived in Northern Ireland only, so yes if you haven't lived there you can leave it blank.
nmm wrote:3. I am not including my degree/IELTS as it is mentioned in the guidance that if you have provided evidence with your initial HSMP application, you don't need to submit them again. But i am still double minded, is there any friend who didn't submitted degrees for extension and got approval?
You don't need to submit either of these for an extension. Just mention if your cover letter that you are not submitting these as you previously satisfied this requirement through your initial HSMP application. (mention your HSMP Reference Number).

I did the same thing and it came through with no problems.
nmm wrote:4. Dependent form Q B5, what to write in "Date from and to" in case of wife name changed due to marriage? Do we need to write exact date of birth & date of marriage or we can write description like "Name change due to marriage"

Mention both. There's never any harm in mentioning something like this, its understood that women change their surname after marriage, but there's no harm mentioning the dates either.
nmm wrote:5. Dependent form Q B11: Is the home office reference number is same as of main applicant? or leave this blank?
Did your wife apply for original HSMP along with you? If she did, her reference number should be the same as yours. Mention it.
nmm wrote:6. Is it better to cut the unused parts of forms or we should leave them untouched?
You can do either way. Alternately, you can put a long line across each page that is blank but include it in your pack. This will explain that those sections are Not Applicable to you.
nmm wrote:7. Do we need to enclose all photos including dependents in one envelope and attach with Main applicant form? as there is also place of photos in depended form?
Put the photos in the same envelope. This is what the form says on Page 10:

Please place the photographs in a small sealed envelope, together with those of any dependants included in section F, and attach it across this space

Make sure you write your names on the back of each photo. On the back of your spouse's photo also mention that she is a dependant of yours.
nmm wrote:8. What is the best way and best day/time to post your application?
Send it by Royal Mail Recorded Special Delivery. You can select the Next Day Guaranteed before 1 pm option.

You can send a self-addressed pre-paid envelope along with the pack as well, so you receive this quicker.

Both of these (if sent by Recorded and Guaranteed) will cost you £13.40 as long as your application weighs under 1 kilo.

Go to the Post Office before 4.30pm as sometimes the last postman visits the branch around that time, and then your package won't leave till the next day.

There is no best day to send the application, if you send on Monday it will reach Tuesday and so on. If you send on Friday, then ask them to deliver it on Monday.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:58 pm

I am also applying for my extension, HSMP to Tier 1 and had few last queries;
1) Should i sent my degree certificate for claiming points on Qualification?
I've read the forum and saw mixed responses.

2) Previous earnings - I am self employed (limited company), as evidence from previous earnings I am sending;
A) Letter from accountant
B) Original bank statement
Should I also sent my original timesheet?

Many thanks,
Sarat

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks cheshiregoan