ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT Help!on WP-quit my job-after 6 months found a new job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marymaar
Newly Registered

URGENT Help!on WP-quit my job-after 6 months found a new job

Post by marymaar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Hiya

I have been in the uk since Feb. 2005. to Sep 2006 as a student
then i switched to WP from 2006 up to now!

The problem is i quit my job for harrasment reasons in march 2009, but did not leave UK! and instead have been looking for jobs....and have not left this country! (I applied for Tier 1 , about a month prior to quiting my job but that didnt come through! HO said I can not appeal either!?)

I have only just managed to get a job offer...and they are willing to sponsor my WP. I am just a bit worried about HO....HO probably does not know about me having left my WP job about 6 months ago! and they probably know I have applied for Tier 1 and have been rejected... Now if the new employer sends my information over, could they refuse and deport me?!I am really worried !
The other thing is that I might be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in Feb 2010! what should i do? shall i just not do anything till then , and in Feb just apply for indefinit leave to remain?

What can I expect from the situation?

Many thanks!

M xxxx

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Ah... this adds a few more elements to my reply to your other post.

What did the Tier 1 refusal letter say?

marymaar
Newly Registered

Post by marymaar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Vanadil wrote:Ah... this adds a few more elements to my reply to your other post.

What did the Tier 1 refusal letter say?
Long story! i applied in feb 2009 when i was still employed...they returned my application cause i forgot the police certificate ..by the time i resent the whole thing, their rules had changed regarding the fee! so they retuned it for the second time! and asked me to make a fresh application....i made a fresh application in may and they sent me a rejection letter a few months later...it said i had not managed to get the required points? becuase by the time i sent the fresh application, i would have not worked the complete 12 months of a year...i.e. march - may unemployment reduced my points!

and then they said i do not need to apply for any visa cause i already have leave to remain...i should just be careful about what it says on my visa...which is a 5 year WP visa(no resource to public funds)...

Then i have found this new employer ....they have processed with my application, however home office has asked them about my previous employer , dates and details!
I guess i could be in trouble :(

thanks for ur comments...i appreciate your help xx

marymaar
Newly Registered

Post by marymaar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:04 am

Do I assume that my employers application for a new WP will be automatically refused according to the following paragraph?
Would i have any rights to pursure this legally?

"Overstayers given until 1 October 2008 to regularise position
18 March 2008

The new rules announced recently, which make it mandatory to refuse entry clearance to overstayers and others who are in breach of conditions of their leave for periods ranging from 1 to 10 years (see earlier update), will now come into force on 1 October 2008, and not 1 April 2008, as originally intended.

This concession gives people who are in the UK without leave the opportunity to seek legal advice on the options available to them before refusal becomes mandatory."