ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel insurance

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublin3
- thin ice -

Travel insurance

Post by dublin3 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi every1.
I want information regarding to travel insurance for visit visa to schengen countries I am gonna apply for visa this week and in requirement travel insurance is required when I will get my visa . do I have to get the travel insurance from travel agency or can I add in my airline ticket when I will buy ticket.because when you buy ticket there is an option that do you want to add travel insurance but I don't know that is acceptable for schengen.
thanks in advance.and waiting for reply.
The Rebel

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Travel insurance

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:40 pm

rebel82 wrote:Hi every1.
I want information regarding to travel insurance for visit visa to schengen countries I am gonna apply for visa this week and in requirement travel insurance is required when I will get my visa . do I have to get the travel insurance from travel agency or can I add in my airline ticket when I will buy ticket.because when you buy ticket there is an option that do you want to add travel insurance but I don't know that is acceptable for schengen.
thanks in advance.and waiting for reply.
The Rebel
You can book travel insurance however it is convenient for you. I would advise against buying from the airline as this is much more expensive than what you can get from some other company.

Go to moneysupermarket.com or some other online Travel Insurance comparison website. You can get worldwide 12 months cover (not just for Europe) for less than £40.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 pm

You will not need travel insurance , due to the fact your wife is an EU national (correct).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dublin3
- thin ice -

hi Obie

Post by dublin3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Obie! yes its correct that my wife is EU citizen but I don't have 4EuFam right now so netherland's embassy asked me to provide travel insurance which have 30000 euros cover. well I will still check again with embassy because you can't be wrong as well.thanx mate!

JuniorG

Post by JuniorG » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Hello,
I had to buy travel insurance for my family when they were coming to Germany on an entry visa. Depending on your nationality (and how long you have been living in the UK), the majority of travel insurance providers will not sell to you. You must be a European National or to have been resident in Europe for at least three years if I remember correctly.
A good website I found for travel insurance (they provide cover to anyone travelling anywhere) is www.sevencorners.com