ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for my UK born son

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dzon
Newly Registered

Passport for my UK born son

Post by dzon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi,

Can someone help me with this. I am looking to apply for a British Passport for my son who was born just over 3 weeks ago.

He was born in England, I am a British passport holder and have lived here all my life. My partner is Latvian and holds a Latvian passport and lived in the UK full time for the last 3.5 years. We are not currently married, but I was at the registration of our son.

Can I apply for a British Passport? Most of the information I can fins says that he will not be eligible unless we were married before he was born?

If we were to marry now would that change things?

Thanks

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Sorry I cannot help you much, just to say that I have a UK friend living in Bulgaria. He and his Bulgarian partner (not married) had a baby boy in Bulgaria 2 months ago. The child couldn't take the fathers surname due to Bulgarian law, so they changed his name afterwards. They have both Bulgarian and UK passports for the child already and are probably on a plane now to the UK as I type this!

Sorry again though because I don't know what they did or how they did it. Just thought that maybe it would be useful to know that you can! Until someone a bit brighter comes along with a bit more info for you.

dzon
Newly Registered

Post by dzon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks Mate, I appreciate your help, but still leaves me no further forward.

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes I understand that. Thought it was worth mentioning though.

If nobody else comes up with anything I will ask my friend about the proceedure, but that wont be until next week when he returns.

dzon
Newly Registered

Post by dzon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks, it might be helpful.