ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need to send application in 2 weeks and have few questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_d_97
Newly Registered

need to send application in 2 weeks and have few questions

Post by m_d_97 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 am

Hello All,

I score just 80 points on the calculator for Tier 1 visa applicants.

I am presently in the United States working on a H1-B visa. My country of citizenship is India. I want to apply for Tier 1 visa to work in U.K.
However, I cannot provide my passport(travel document) with my application for Tier 1 visa as I am working as a H1-B visa holder in the United States and only the passport having my H1-B visa stamp is the evidence that I am in the United States legally. But, in place of that, I can provide my original Indian driving license, original Voter ID card issued by Indian government for Indian citizens. All of them have my date of birth mentioned on it. Besides, I will also be providing photocopies of my passport biographic pages and the H1-B visa stamp. Will that work along with a clear explanation of why I am not able to provide the passport for that application? Would providing my current employer offer letter, paystubs help in corroborating my explanation?

Also, for maintenance funds, I will be showing funds held in my Certificate of Deposit(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_deposit) as they are present as Fixed Deposits in Indian bank HDFC. Will that work? They are similar to a Fixed Rate Savings Bond in U.K. Will an explanation suffice for this also?

Can someone please clarify if this will be fine or not? If not, what are the alternatives methods available to me, if any?

I am claiming points making my application using the 12 month earnings I earned in my previous company. I understand the income has to be for consecutive 12 months within the 15 month time frame. So, does the Tier 1 team need to get the visa application within 3 months after I quit that company. Say, I worked with Accenture Consulting from Aug 1, 2008 to Aug 1, 2009. So, the Tier 1 team needs to get my application before Nov 1, 2009(three months after Aug 1, 2009)? Did I understand correctly?

As per my understanding there are three forms to be filled by a person who is Single(Unmarried) which are listed below

1. One personal data form at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9

2. Assessment form http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1

3. Supporting document list at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... cchecklist

Did I miss any form or the above mentioned are the only forms?

If the application gets approved is there a time frame within the three years period I need to enter the U.K. for work? For example, if I am granted a Tier 1 Visa from Jan 1, 2010 to Jan 1, 2013 can I come anytime or do I need to come by a certain date from the day my Tier 1 Visa starts(Jan 1, 2010 in this example)? I want to stay in U.S., but the green card for U.S. takes about 8-9 years for Indian nationals so want to choose U.K as the second option in case I don't get the green card of U.S. in time. So, the idea is to apply for a Tier 1 visa and if the U.S. employer does not want me due to the current economic situation I can try for employment in U.K. using my tier 1 visa if it gets approved.
I realize the ILR(Indefinite Leave to Remain) may not be granted to me if for the three years my Tier 1 visa was granted and I was not working and sustaining myself economically in U.K.

Are there any other issues I need to consider?

Thanks a lot.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 am

Passport is an absolute must. Otherwise where will they stamp the visa?
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 am

- Passport is a must.
- Certificate od Deposit will not work. Have a savings or current account bank statement for 3 months with the necessary balance in it.
- you can eneter at any time before the visa expiry. But be prepared to face some questions at POI in case of long delays.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: need to send application in 2 weeks and have few questio

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:57 am

m_d_97 wrote: However, I cannot provide my passport(travel document) with my application for Tier 1 visa as I am working as a H1-B visa holder in the United States and only the passport having my H1-B visa stamp is the evidence that I am in the United States legally.
Just out of curiosity.. if you dont mind..
Do you carry your passport everywhere you go?

m_d_97
Newly Registered

Post by m_d_97 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:42 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:- Passport is a must.
You mean I am out of luck?
- Certificate od Deposit will not work. Have a savings or current account bank statement for 3 months with the necessary balance in it.
Well, the way I interpret the rules it states the funds must be liquid and should be present for last three months. Certificate of Deposit is like that in my view, but as you suggest it seems I am wrong.

I can move the money to a savings account, but if I wait for three months, I cannot claim points for earnings as already two months have passed since I quit that company and one needs to submit evidence of earnings for past 12 months in a 15 month period.
- you can eneter at any time before the visa expiry. But be prepared to face some questions at POI in case of long delays.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. What might be the questions?

m_d_97
Newly Registered

Post by m_d_97 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 pm

m_d_97 wrote: However, I cannot provide my passport(travel document) with my application for Tier 1 visa as I am working as a H1-B visa holder in the United States and only the passport having my H1-B visa stamp is the evidence that I am in the United States legally.
tvn_ramesh wrote: Just out of curiosity.. if you dont mind..
No, I don't, but in case some immigration inspector asks(though, very unlikely this may occur) I have to produce it or will get deported from the country.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:42 pm

m_d_97 wrote:
No, I don't, but in case some immigration inspector asks(though, very unlikely this may occur) I have to produce it or will get deported from the country.
well, I don't agree with you here. Nowadays, everything is on the database(s) and they have records of whatever is on the passport so I can't see any reason of them deporting you just because you don't have the passport on you.
Moreover, when you send the passport you will get a letter from HO with your reference malarki on it so nothing to worry about.
Hope this clarifies the situation. :wink:

m_d_97
Newly Registered

Post by m_d_97 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:04 pm

m_d_97 wrote:
However, I cannot provide my passport(travel document) with my application for Tier 1 visa as I am working as a H1-B visa holder in the United States and only the passport having my H1-B visa stamp is the evidence that I am in the United States legally.
m_d_97 wrote: No, I don't, but in case some immigration inspector asks(though, very unlikely this may occur) I have to produce it or will get deported from the country.
innocentdevil wrote: well, I don't agree with you here. Nowadays, everything is on the database(s) and they have records of whatever is on the passport so I can't see any reason of them deporting you just because you don't have the passport on you.
Moreover, when you send the passport you will get a letter from HO with your reference malarki on it so nothing to worry about.
Hope this clarifies the situation. :wink:
Thanks, but I still am stuck up due to the maintenance funds being present in a Certificate of Deposit instead of a savings/current account.