ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does settled really mean?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesignChick
BANNED

What does settled really mean?

Post by DesignChick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 pm

I want to know how long my british husband has to be working before I can apply for my spouse visa.
We have enough funds to support us (family of four ) for over a year (from the sale of our home in jamaica), and he has been working (on a self-employed basis) for one month now.
I have heard reports of the sponsor or spouse having to work for 6 months but see nothing to support that claim.
Here are some facts -
Married 7 years lived in jamaica all seven
Two children - both with british passports
He will rent a 3 bedroom flat a month before I apply

So can I apply in January or do I have to wait for the six months (March?)

DesignChick
BANNED

Frequently asked questions post answered my questions!Sorry

Post by DesignChick » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 am

Just read frequently asked questions post. I see 3 months pay slips requirement and 6 months maintenance without public funds. Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 am

It's only necessary to show that you can meet the maintained and accommodated requirements, without recourse to public funds. At least three months bank statements may help show stability.

Don't forget the special endorsement for spouses who have been married for at least 4 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DesignChick
BANNED

valuable information

Post by DesignChick » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Thank you so much for that information, especially for the links to the gov. pages. I had read those pages but when a large amount of information has to be read sometimes important points get missed.

I've read through the the other posts and the info. has been invaluable, especially about the amount of information that should be included (neatly indexed of course!) with the application. Who would have thought wedding pictures, invitations, telephone records and emails were important. I have to start saving my emails and texts from now on! :D

I will update once we get to application stage!