ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP/Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Duvvuri

HSMP/Tier 1 Extension

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 pm

I am on HSMP visa from March 2008 which is due to expire in March 2010.
I am a self employed in UK since 1 year and at the moment I am out of the country since july 2009.

And I will be back to UK again in January 2010. Will this cause any problem for my HSMP/Tier 1 extension which is due in march 2010.

I am sure I will be able to meet the points required for HSMP/Tier 1 extension.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 pm

I don't remember seeing any questions on the Tier 1 (General) application form asking dates in and out of UK. It is my understanding that as long as you meet the points criteria and satisfy the case worker of the same you're golden. However - it might be an issue for you down the road for ILR or whatever replaces it.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP/Tier 1 Extension

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 am

Duvvuri wrote:I am on HSMP visa from March 2008 which is due to expire in March 2010.
I am a self employed in UK since 1 year and at the moment I am out of the country since july 2009.

And I will be back to UK again in January 2010. Will this cause any problem for my HSMP/Tier 1 extension which is due in march 2010.

Thanks
Is your earning being deposited in a UK bank account? Are you paying the required tax and NI on it?

If yes, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 am

Yes earning are in UK bank account and and yes paying all the required TAX thru NI.

Thanks for your reply

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 am

I think you are fine for extension(as long as you have got points section covered).
But you might/will face issue while applying for ILR as you are away from UK for more then 3 months at a stretch.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP/Tier 1 Extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:42 am

Duvvuri wrote:I am on HSMP visa from March 2008 which is due to expire in March 2010.

Thanks
Only thing concerning me is (as it was not mentioned).. since you are self employed and since u r out of country since july 09.. by the time you come back to UK please make sure you will be able to get enough points for earnings under the 12consecutive months in the last 15months salary earned in UK.. hope u got my point.. goodluck