ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Hyderabad/Chennai VFS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjmani

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa - Hyderabad/Chennai VFS

Post by mjmani » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:34 pm

nsuk wrote:
mjmani wrote:
vt_76 wrote:Also make sure your passport copy is stamped by VFS...this is required to collect parcel from courier...I did not know about this...I went just with my ID to collect parcel in HYD...had to travel back home 3 hours each way to bring that and collect ...since I have given relatives address in HYD...VFS guy did not tell me about this..and did not until I have checked all the copies I have taken that day to VFS office.
Hi VT_76 or anyone applied from VFS Chennai,

My wife & daughter applied (T1-G Dependents) from Chennai VFS. Passports are ready for collection (crazy there is no system to know the outcome. such a torture until we get the passports in hand to know the result. They have to travel 10hrs to chennai).

Now my doubt is
- My father is going to Chennai to collect my wife's & daughter's passports from VFS Ch. Is there anything he needs to take with him apart from the receipts?

Pls anyone respond urgently since he is travelling tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance!

He needs letter of authority from your wife.
Thanks nsuk,
I emailed my query to vfs and got the following response.
"Please be informed that someone can collect the application on behalf of the applicant. The person should carry as authorization letter from the applicant and the acknowledgement slip along with the photocopy of the passport’s Bio page which has been stamped on it."

While this is not mentioned (or I could not find) on their website, I found same answer on the website of VFS UK in Japan. :)
Best regards,
Mani

hanhan0310
Newly Registered

Post by hanhan0310 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi Jedi,

Bringing your wife's valid id as additional proof of identity will not do any harm. This is an additional proof aside from authorization letter from your wife.

This is based on my experience although I applied from VFS Manila.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. My dependants got visa.
I am in UK on Tier 1 G and my dependants applied from Chennai VFS. Here is the list of docs submitted with application:
- Original passports
- Original marriage cert
- Original birth cert
- Maintenance funds proof (Bank passbook and Statement with a letter from bank)
- My passport copy
- My new job contract agreement (1st, 2nd and signature page)

My father went with following to collect their passports:
- My father's Original ID (driving license/pan card/passport)
- Original application receipts
- Passport copies with stamp from VFS (this is important)
- Authorisation letter from my wife
Best regards,
Mani

tekkie
Newly Registered

dependent visa help

Post by tekkie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello Friends

I need help Regarding Dependends ....

I am planning to apply General Tier 1 HSMP next week. Last three months i am maintainng sufficient funds = 2800 and less than 5000
I have Two Dependents so i am in less funds, they will reach to 6000 next two months.

Question:

1: can i apply alone now, once i get approval then will apply for dependents later?

A: If yes: howmuch funds do i need to show now. 2800 or 6000

AA: Bank statements - my bank will give 1-30 monthly but i have funds Apr 15 - Jul 15..is it ok if i apply on July 16, 2209

B: If yes: VAF9 form section 5a. what are the answers?
Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7
Yes / No / Not applicable

C: Please find the link. they updated June 16 , 2009 - Second Para - Important

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/in...

Advice please.... tekkie4@yahoo.com

Thanks
Kumar

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Tekkie,
1) If you're in UK, applying main applicant and dependants together is cheaper than dependants applying later. So it makes sense to apply together (provided you have maintenance proof).
Seeing how you've calculated maintenance funds, I assume you're outside UK, then answer is Yes. You ca apply 1st and then later your dependants.
A) If you mention your dependants will join you after 1 year, then you can show 2800. If you say within 1 yr, then you must show 6000.
AA) I don't fully understand your question. Sorry! If your bank gives 1 - 30 monthly, then how can you get statement until July 15th on July 16th? Whatever, if you can show 3-month immediately prior to application, then you're fine.
B) my above answers can help to manipulate this.
Best regards,
Mani

tekkie
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by tekkie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:16 am

Hi Mani

Thanks for your reply...

I am applying from out side UK ( I am in USA and Family in India on vacation)

If we mention Dependents will join after 12 months and will apply for primary applicant with 2800 funds. After getting Primary Applicant Visa - can i apply for dependendents with in 03 months (with 6000 Funds by Sep 2009).
Is it a problem? because we are against the statement ("Dependents will join after 12 months" ).

or do i need to wait to comple 12 months...

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:12 am

Hi tekkie,
Pls post your questions in one location. It is easy for someone else to follow. I have answered your question http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#271250

That is not a problem. Our circumstances can change over-time. When you applied you may plan to bring your deps after 1yr. Later change your mind and bring them in 3 months.
Best regards,
Mani

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:32 am

Hello Friends,

I have applied for my dependants (wife & kid) on 16th sept, still waiting for the result. Could any one please share their timelines here with me - bangalore/chennai VFS?

Kindly share your timelines

Regards
Jedi001
Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

any one please??
Jedi001