ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah07
Newly Registered

please help

Post by sarah07 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

iam from qatar,i ve been married to an american citizen before,i lived in usa,i got divorced now iam in a 2 years relationship with a british man,we love each other and we r planing to get married in the uk,iam gonna apply for fiancee visa so far everything is cool,the problem is that i have a warrant in usa,is that gonna create any problems with me applying for uk fiance visa??please i need ur help.thank u

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 pm

What is the warrant for?. Explain in more details and then we may be able to help you.

You have to give details of any conviction on the spouse/fiancee application form.

All depends on seriousness of offfences or what the warrant is for.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Sarah, there is also a US-UK Extradition Treaty 2003 signed by the US and UK government, which means if your offense could result in loss of liberty for a year or more, then it will become an extradictable offense, and the American could ask the British to send you over there.

I suggest you seek legal advise before pursuing your plans, to prevent any undesirable result.

The last thing you want is those crazy Americans telling their British Friends to arrest you on your wedding day.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sarah07
Newly Registered

Post by sarah07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 am

thank u obie,thank u batleykhan for ur reply,well my ex husband file against me a spouse abuse because i did not want to b with him anymore and wanted to leave,he thought i d live in usa with my new boyfriend,so there is a warrant there against me,i dont know what s craziness of the charges r,but maybe it s serious i dont know because the warrant was out for me after i left the us,all i know as a fact that iam a victim of lies.so plz is there anyway to work this out.should i tell the british consulate here in qatar about me being in us before,or just get a new passport and never say a word?plz plz help me i love my fiance and i want to b with him.thank u

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 am

sarah07 wrote:should i tell the british consulate here in qatar about me being in us before,or just get a new passport and never say a word?plz plz help me i love my fiance and i want to b with him.thank u
Be careful and dont conceal anything.

hopeless2009
Newly Registered

Post by hopeless2009 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:28 pm

I think you should find out the exact charges against you and deal with it before proceeding any further.