ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier dependent application form filling - help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello Friends,

need ur help in filling up the tier 1 application form.

I've been in UK for the last 3.5 yrs and my most recent visa is HSMP (post nov 2006)

dependent application form

1. Section H; H2

Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the Points Based System has been successful?

What should I answer ‘YES’ or ‘NO’…My existing VISA is HSMP (on PBS), If I answer YES, then on question H3, I don’t have HSMP as the option to tick.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier dependent application form filling - help

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:54 pm

maximux79 wrote:Hello Friends,

need ur help in filling up the tier 1 application form.

I've been in UK for the last 3.5 yrs and my most recent visa is HSMP (post nov 2006)

dependent application form

1. Section H; H2

Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the Points Based System has been successful?

What should I answer ‘YES’ or ‘NO’…My existing VISA is HSMP (on PBS), If I answer YES, then on question H3, I don’t have HSMP as the option to tick.

Thanks
Tick NO and move to H4....

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Also, In Tier 1 dependent application,

question H5,

Is the main applicant making an application as:

An initial (switching) application
- go to question J2
An extension of his/her existing leave
- go to Section K
A result of a change of employment
- go to Section K

If answered as Extension, it jumps the maintenance section....does it mean, there's no need to show maintenance proof while applying dependent application for extension (HSMP---> Tier1)?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 pm

maximux79 wrote:Also, In Tier 1 dependent application,

question H5,

Is the main applicant making an application as:

An initial (switching) application
- go to question J2
An extension of his/her existing leave
- go to Section K
A result of a change of employment
- go to Section K

If answered as Extension, it jumps the maintenance section....does it mean, there's no need to show maintenance proof while applying dependent application for extension (HSMP---> Tier1)?

Thanks
If the main applicant is T1(G) you cant possibly reach to H5. There is "Now go to question J1" after H4 which is where you should move on, whatever your answer is.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

kris78
Newly Registered

Post by kris78 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi Push_hsmp, Chetanojha & tvn_ramesh,

I have applied for my HSMP(NON-JR) extension (Tier 1) couple of weeks back. On going through the forum , I have noticed that I have missed to fill a section in the Dependant application form. In Section H , for the question H4 , I have answered NO and jumped to question H5. For question H5 , I have selected the second option (An extension of his/her existing leave) and went to section K bypassing the Section J. I have left to fill the maintenance section(J) in the form.

Moving forward , I have submitted all the evidence documents

1.Passport (for me & my wife)
2.Degree certificate.(Document submitted during the HSMP approval)
3.12 Months Bank Statements (July 2008 to June 2009)
4.12 Months pay slips (July 2008 to June 2009)
5.P 60 Tax document for the period (July 2008 – March 2009)
6.Marriage certificate.

I have ensured that my balance has not fallen less than £3500 even a single day for last 6 months. Could you please advise me how to proceed further? . Awaiting for the quick response.

Regards
Kris

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:05 pm

kris78 wrote:Hi Push_hsmp, Chetanojha & tvn_ramesh,

I have applied for my HSMP(NON-JR) extension (Tier 1) couple of weeks back. On going through the forum , I have noticed that I have missed to fill a section in the Dependant application form. In Section H , for the question H4 , I have answered NO and jumped to question H5. For question H5 , I have selected the second option (An extension of his/her existing leave) and went to section K bypassing the Section J. I have left to fill the maintenance section(J) in the form.

Moving forward , I have submitted all the evidence documents

1.Passport (for me & my wife)
2.Degree certificate.(Document submitted during the HSMP approval)
3.12 Months Bank Statements (July 2008 to June 2009)
4.12 Months pay slips (July 2008 to June 2009)
5.P 60 Tax document for the period (July 2008 – March 2009)
6.Marriage certificate.

I have ensured that my balance has not fallen less than £3500 even a single day for last 6 months. Could you please advise me how to proceed further? . Awaiting for the quick response.

Regards
Kris
Thats unfortunate. The best option for you would be to speak to someone in UKBA and explain everything - try to get a postal address where you can send the correctly filled relevant pages so that you dont get a rejection because the form was not filled properly.
regards,
push

kris78
Newly Registered

Post by kris78 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:30 am

Thanks for the prompt respone. Could you please confirm the correct contact no 0114 207 4074 or 0870 606 7766 to speak to them?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:32 am

kris78 wrote:Thanks for the prompt respone. Could you please confirm the correct contact no 0114 207 4074 or 0870 606 7766 to speak to them?
Not sure. Check on the website please
regards,
push

kris78
Newly Registered

Post by kris78 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:55 am

Hi Push-hsmp & Maximus79,
Thanks for the reply. As suggested by you ,I spoke to the contact center representative and she told me to send the relevant pages of the application form to the below mentioned address. So I have drafted a covering letter. Could you please check and let me know if any changes are required in the covering letter.

COVERING LETTER

To
The Immigration Officer
Tier 1 General
UK Immigration Border Agency.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: HSMP Extension Application with Ref No: XXXXX.

Sub: Missed to fill Section J in the Dependant Application form.

This is to bring to your kind notice that I, XXXXX have applied for the HSMP Extension under Tier General on the XX of June 2009. I was provided with a reference number: XX of June 2009

In the dependant application form , In section H, for Question H5 , I have selected the second option (An extension of his/her existing leave) as it is applicable for me and directly went to Section K by passing section J. After checking the policy guidance notes, I found that it is mandatory to complete the section J. It was my mistake, as I wrongly interpreted it. Now I have filled the section J and attached the relevant pages of the dependant application form. I kindly request you to consider my request.

Should you have any queries/clarifications, please contact me.

Mobile : xxxxxx
email : xxxxxx@xxxx.com

Thanking You,
XXXXX

david247
Newly Registered

We did the same thing as you kris78

Post by david247 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi kris78,

My wife and I submitted our applications yesterday and this evening realised our mistake. We made the same mistake as you and are in the process of writing a covering letter like you did. Thank you for posting on this forum.

Was your application successful using your covering letter?

Was this the final form of your letter?

Thanks & kind regards,

David247

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Do we have to fill a separate form for dependent when shes applying with main applicant. And it is compulsory to send marriage certificate??

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Do we have to fill a separate form for dependent when shes applying with main applicant. And it is compulsory to send marriage certificate??
Yes Seperate Application forms need to be filled for Main applicant and dependent applicants..

Marriage certificate is the most important doc's for dependent spouse and Birthcertificate for dependent children

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 pm

I am showing the maintenance fund for my dependant along with the main applicant - bank statement.
what to mention on Tier 1 dependant application form?
Maintenance certified by the sponsor
J4. Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:09 pm

saratbabu07 wrote:I am showing the maintenance fund for my dependant along with the main applicant - bank statement.
what to mention on Tier 1 dependant application form?
Maintenance certified by the sponsor
J4. Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.
That part is for Tier2 or Tier5..

First fil the below:

Dependants of Tier 1 main applicants
J1. In order for the application to be approved the dependant must have a minimum level of funds. If they do not have the required level of funds the application will be refused

Now go to question J3

at J3..

Fill the below one..

J3. Please provide evidence that the dependant has access to available funds in order to support themselves. Funds may be in the name of the dependant or the main applicant. Please tick the relevant box(es) to indicate the evidence supplied:

Personal bank or building society statements covering a 3 month period

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks Ramesh, much appreciated.

david247
Newly Registered

Covering letter for additional documentation

Post by david247 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Our application was approved! They accepted our additional documentation and granted both our visas.

I called the help line and after 20 minutes on hold spoke with a lady who suggested we write a covering letter explaining the situation. She said to include the recorded mail tracking number of our application so they can match the letter to the form. She said the application confirmation reference number may take weeks to arrive. She also said to include our names, nationalities and passport numbers.

In the end we didn't get an application reference number since we didn't get a confirmation letter at all. Some people have reported getting an application confirmation letter a few days after sending in their application but we didn't.

In case this helps someone, this is the covering letter we used:

The Immigration Officer
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
Millburngate House
Millburngate
Durham
DH97 1PA

Mon 28-Sep-2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: HSMP/Tier 1 Extension Application - Missed Section J1 in Dependant Application form

Royal Mail Tracking Ref for current application delivered on Tue 22-Sep-2009:
ZVXXXXXXXXGB

Applicant details
Main Applicant: Chris Parker Australian DOB: XX-XXX-XXXX Passport: XXXXXXX
Dependant: Jenny Peterson Australian DOB: XX-XXX-XXXX Passport: XXXXXXX

I submitted an application for an extension of my HSMP/Tier 1 Dependant visa on 20-Sep-2009.  This application was submitted at the same time as my husband's HSMP/Tier 1 (General) visa extension application.

At question H5 on page 28 of the form, I selected the second option (An extension of his/her existing leave), and then moved directly to Section K, bypassing section J.  I have since realised that I should have gone from question H4 to J1 and completed the section J1 regarding available maintenance funds. It was my mistake, as I wrongly interpreted the form. I have now completed J1 and have enclosed with this letter, the relevant pages of the application form along with additional necessary supporting documentation.
<Details of additional documentation removed>

I kindly ask you to consider my request to add these corrected pages (pages 28 & 29, and the summary sheet page 40) and documentation to our existing application.

Should you have any queries or require any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact my husband Chris or myself. Our contact details are as follows:
Mobile (Jenny): XXXX XXX XXXX Mobile (Chris): XXXX XXX XXXX
Work (Jenny): XXXX XXX XXXX Work (Chris): XXXX XXX XXXX
Email: X@X

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Peterson