ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

send you packing back wherever you are

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicepecsigot

send you packing back wherever you are

Post by nicepecsigot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:26 pm

"send you back where ever you are"these are the exact words of a patient to me (ive been working in cancer unit since 2001).................well i lost my plot and told the ignorant f@kr "send me where im as irish as you are(luckily ive my citizenship since last year) your rights are my rights!!!!!!get over it

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: send you packing back wherever you are

Post by Ben » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:"send you back where ever you are"these are the exact words of a patient to me
The first place they should be going back to is school, with English like that.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 pm

[Moderator edit : This post has been deleted. It was in contravention of the T&Cs of this Board, namely, "No negative comments about someone's nationality, race or religion."

This member has now been placed on "thin ice" and any repeat will lead to them being banned.]

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:29 am

nicepecsigot wrote:"send you back where ever you are"these are the exact words of a patient to me (ive been working in cancer unit since 2001).................well i lost my plot and told the ignorant f@kr "send me where im as irish as you are(luckily ive my citizenship since last year) your rights are my rights!!!!!!get over it
Happens all the time here in Ireland. My wife was told the exact same thing by one of those ignorant plonkers. All I can say is dont lower yourself to their level. You are obviously well educated as you are working in the medical field. The person that probably told you that is a total scumbag. I doubt that you would hear from educated people in this country the same derogatry comments.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 am

Also just to add. Loads of foreigners are indeed leaving, making the prospect of economic growth even more unlikely. Heres the link
http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 93477.html

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:50 am

jhbmike wrote:Also just to add. Loads of foreigners are indeed leaving
Just on this, I can add that on Sunday I was in Dublin, at various houses meeting various families, mostly from Malaysia, joining in with Hari Raya celebrations.

Most of the migrants I met are highly skilled workers (surgeons, Quantity Surveyors, optometrists, for example), who have been in Ireland for varying lengths of time, from between 2 and 12 years.

I was startled to learn that at least 4 families - who have been here for 7, 8, 9 and 12 years, respectively, have decided to move back home to Malaysia at the end of the year. They hold Stamp 4 - but have no intention to apply for Stamp 5 or for naturalisation, even though they are entitled to apply for both. They say they've had enough of the way they've been treated, enough is enough and they have no second thoughts about burning bridges with Ireland. Personally, I think it's foolish not to obtain at least Stamp 5, which is easy to do and would secure a move back to Ireland if they so wish in years to come, but there you go.

To keep things balanced, I keep in the back of my mind that the "credit crunch" may have played a significant part in their decisions though.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 am

I am also surprised by that, especially as getting an Irish passport means also getting the ability to live and work anywhere in the EEA.
John

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 pm

John wrote:I am also surprised by that, especially as getting an Irish passport means also getting the ability to live and work anywhere in the EEA.
As well as relatively easy access to Australia and New Zealand depending on youre age

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:25 pm

some of them already saved money or have business in their own country

at the end of the day their relatives and friends are still back home.

I know a lot of people that go back for good after years of saving money.

different people different views in life.

I went holiday 3 years ago and i met an irish guy who owns a scuba diving shop in my country, i told him i work in ireland and hes like , what are you doing there here is like paradise. (if i could only swap passports with him hehehe.)
most people are here in ireland because they earn more than what they earn back home.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:12 am

Just to balance thing, I was in hospital several times couple months ago and the treatment were exceptionally good all nurses regardless ethnic. I have my citizenship last year.

But if you remember a survey conducted by some newspaper couple months ago, non-irish name or name that looks like from other countries has less chance getting job compare to their countpart.

This thing won't go away overnight and will remain there in decade.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 am

a friend of mine was told a similar thing (go back to your own country) while at work. so he just calmly responded that if he were to go back home she wouldn't be getting her SW payment from his taxes... that shut her up...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Intelligent Irish don't make such derogatory comments or statement. They know what discrimination is, as they were victims of it for centuries.

It is mostly those half-baked lovey, that indulge in this abhorrent practices, apparently.

My other observation is this, people who are on Social Welfare payments or dole, tends to be the most hostile, apparently.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors