ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does an Accountant Needs another Accountant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blue moon
Newly Registered

Does an Accountant Needs another Accountant?

Post by blue moon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Dear All,

I have searched many posts invloving Limited company directors paying salary, dividend etc to thier personal accounts to prove their earnings.

Almost everyone advised to get an accountant to confirm this.

My problem is that I am a qualified accountant myself and have my own little practice!. I know how to make my own Payslips or Accounts etc. But I am not sure do I still need another accountant to prove my Net Profit in the business? which obviously I am not very keen to!

There is no HMRC or legal requirement to have an accountant to file your accounts or tax return. My company is just over one year old and accounts and corporation tax is not due yet?

I will applying for Tier-1 extention soon so will apperciate if somebody can share their expereince in the similar situation.

I have my Payslips and dividend vouchers + Net amount in my personal account. Are they enough to prove the earning requirement?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:12 am

it is basic rule of control that same person can not act as well as approve it.

u need an accountant to certify it .

blue moon
Newly Registered

Post by blue moon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:it is basic rule of control that same person can not act as well as approve it.

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for the reply. Does your answer is general or specfic to home office requirement?

For tax or legal purposes there is no need for an accountant to certify my income but I am not sure about HO.

Just to clerify- If all earning is shown in bank statement (one source) and payslips and P60, PAYE returns etc (Second source) then what I need to get certified from accountant?

Thanks for your reply.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am

vi)- Self-employed applicants only - letter from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant (confirming that the applicant received the exact amount he/she is claiming, or the net profit to which he/she is entitled). This is a letter from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant on headed paper confirming the gross and net pay for the period claimed. The letter should give a breakdown of salary, dividends, profits, tax credits and dates of net payments earned. If the applicant’s earnings are a share of the net profit of the company,

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

blue moon wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:it is basic rule of control that same person can not act as well as approve it.

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for the reply. Does your answer is general or specfic to home office requirement?

For tax or legal purposes there is no need for an accountant to certify my income but I am not sure about HO.

Just to clerify- If all earning is shown in bank statement (one source) and payslips and P60, PAYE returns etc (Second source) then what I need to get certified from accountant?

Thanks for your reply.
Nobody can self-certify their own income. I am afraid you need another accountant!

This is not just for homeoffice. It is same for Bank loans, Mortgage applications etc.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 pm

At time of First application for TIER-1 / PSW if u r self employed
At time of Extn of Tier -1 Must, if u r self employed

No not requred at time of ILR - Applicant have to show progress of business

regards
CDOKS