ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about in person renewal of Indian Passport (London)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bototo

Question about in person renewal of Indian Passport (London)

Post by bototo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 am

About in person renewal at HCI London: How easy is it?

I found a doc that says they issue only 100 tokens per day and that they start issuing tokens at 8.30 AM. How early does one need to start queuing to get a "token"? What happens if you just turn up at say 11 AM? Or do I need to get in the queue at 2.00 in the morning?

I'd prefer to do it by post but the passport has been back and forth by post a couple of times asking for new documents (and not actually reading the documents that were included) and now they want it done in person.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:56 am

be there around 9/9.30am you should be ok. I would prefer to apply in person then there is less chance of passport being lost. also, they will send your new passport within three working days. not only that they will just take the photocopy of your current passport (though you need to carry with you while applying for the new passport). The whole process takes around 3-4hours.

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 am

That's reassuring, thanks. For a while I thought I may have to get there for some ridiculously early hour complete with a sleeping bag.

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:50 am

I was there by 07:45 to get the token number around 10 or 15. And I finished submitting my application by 10:30 and carried on with the rest of the day's work. The passport was returned the next day afternoon.