ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding Apostille

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

movingsoon
Newly Registered

regarding Apostille

Post by movingsoon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

me and the swedish wife are preparing to move to ireland. we have our swedish marrige cert. officaly translated. and tommorro we are going to a swedesh notery puplic to have it Apostilled.

so my question is do we Apostille the original or the translated copy?

we were also told by the citizens information board to contect the irish embassy in sweden to findout info regarding the Apostille. are they just going to direct us to the place we are already going(sedish notary public) or is this something we must do though them as well?

thanks

victor8600

Re: regarding Apostille

Post by victor8600 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:44 pm

movingsoon wrote:..we were also told by the citizens information board to contect the irish embassy in sweden to findout info regarding the Apostille..
Do not make it overly complicated :) Just ring the Irish embassy and ask them what do they want exactly. The apostille applies to the translation, as far as I know. This is to certify that the translation is correct.
All your base are belong to us

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm

i needed to get an appostile on my child's irish birth cert. it went like this:
we went to the registry office to get special note on the original birth cert (saying that this document is true). then with that we went to dep. of foreign affairs to get appostile on the same original confirming the signatures of the officials, that made it valid in all other countries. then we got that document translated (including all the appostiles).
then my country of origin accepted the irish birth cert and registered the birth of my child back home.
it should be something similar in sweden i guess.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Why not get both done and then you have all angles covered.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: regarding Apostille

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 pm

victor8600 wrote:The apostille applies to the translation, as far as I know.
No. The purpose of the apostille is to certify that a document is genuine.