ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we have 2 different UK visas of different categories

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gkataria
Newly Registered

Post by gkataria » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:52 pm

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 pm

I believe not, I think the lastest visa overrides any previous one.

UKBAbble

Re: Can we have 2 different UK visas of different categories

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:06 am

gkataria wrote:Can we have 2 different UK visas of different categories
Yes you can.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 am

ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category wrote:An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:49 am

Apparently, the above instruction has been replaced with:
Can I have more than one visa? wrote:It is not possible to hold more than one visa or entry clearance. If your circumstances change you should always inform the Home Office before you leave the UK so that your permission to stay can be curtailed. Once your permission to stay has been curtailed you will be able to apply for a new visa overseas.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 am

vinny wrote:Apparently, the above instruction has been replaced with:
Can I have more than one visa? wrote:It is not possible to hold more than one visa or entry clearance. If your circumstances change you should always inform the Home Office before you leave the UK so that your permission to stay can be curtailed. Once your permission to stay has been curtailed you will be able to apply for a new visa overseas.
Interesting, but in practice I can tell you it generally is not enforced.
e.g someone has a multiple entry visit visa and then later obtains a residence visa/EC of some nature. If later the person has no need of it,for example they leave a job,then so long as the visit visa is still valid I can't see any IO refusing entry if a subsequent visit is made using the original visit visa.