ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 work in other EU country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:24 pm

hi guys
can eea2 holder work other eu countris and can he stay there like he living in uk.
thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 work in other EU country

Post by Rozen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 pm

syedfida wrote:hi guys
can eea2 holder work other eu countris and can he stay there like he living in uk.
thanks
Under normal circumstances, no! They would have to hold the approriate visa for that particular EU country.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Success of this, will depend on whether the EEA family member is there with you, exercising treaty rights. If he works in one country and live in another, you will qualify for the Resident Card of Both countries.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

syedfida

can EEA2 work in other EU countries

Post by syedfida » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

thanks obie
my EU partner is rady to move wid me in other EU country.
obie what would be the procedure if i want to move woth my partner . do i need to get another EEA2 for other EU country if i want stay there and work there? .
many thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Yes, you need to apply for another residence card and your partner possibly for a residence certificate. The procedure depends on the member state.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: can EEA2 work in other EU countries

Post by Rozen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

syedfida wrote: my EU partner is rady to move wid me in other EU country.
obie what would be the procedure if i want to move woth my partner . do i need to get another EEA2 for other EU country if i want stay there and work there? .
If your EU partner ceases to reside and exercise treaty rights in the UK, then your UK Residence Card will be voided once they leave UK!

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: can EEA2 work in other EU countries

Post by 86ti » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Rozen wrote:
syedfida wrote: my EU partner is rady to move wid me in other EU country.
If your EU partner ceases to reside and exercise treaty rights in the UK, then your UK Residence Card will be voided once they leave UK!
The question is when this would take effect as you can be absent up to six months without losing residence. A matter of argument and interpretation I guess.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:32 pm

It can be up to a year or more if the absence is for Pregnancy or for vocational courses. The HO in most cases will not know, except if you go and tell them

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Obie wrote:The HO in most cases will not know, except if you go and tell them
You are actually required to inform them when your circumstances change. But if you stay within the limits you obviously don't have to.

If you accept a permanent job in another member state could HO infer that you intend to will leave permanently (if they would learn about it) and residence should be voided (something to consider if e.g. the non-EEA partner stays behind for a while)? Or could you argue that you would be initially in a probation period and may want/have to return within the first six months? Probably very much a grey area.

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 pm

hi obie and roze, 86ti
thanks for ur answer. i just want to lnow we both move to denmark do i have to apply EEA2 again from denmark embassy ? and my partner does he need to apply EEA1 again from denmark .
and also like to know do we will have to apply EEA1 and EEA2 from denmark or can we apply from embassy of denmak which is in london?

for ur information we have been granted EEA1 and EEA2 from uk home office.
many thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:18 pm

First of all forget about this EEA1 and EEA2 things. That's UK lingo.

Embassies only issue visa's (and maybe work permit but that's besides the point). Since you have a UK residence card you should not be bothered to get an entry visa. I think Denmark does not even require you to travel together (info should be somewhere on their webpage).

After you have arrived in Denmark you apply for a residence card (whatever they call it) and your partner for a residence certificate within the first three months. Both may be required in Denmark, I do not know.

Question is if you will be able to work right away (convince an employer that you have the right to work) without a residence card. Are you both going to work?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:34 pm

I have heard that the process in Denmark is pretty straightforward for EEA national as opposed to Surinder Singh Danes. Provided your EEA family member is not a Surinder Singh Danes, you will be fine, if you report to Regional State Hall also see this information